Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Boss o' Nova? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/144058-boss-o-nova.html)

Pantera24 10-31-2006 07:51 AM

Boss o' Nova?

Does anyone know whatever happened to the Boss o' Nova?

Cig35Mistress 10-31-2006 08:31 AM

Re: Boss o' Nova?

The original Boss O' Nova, a 32' Cary/Cigarette was for sale in Ohio about ten years ago. The boat had been converted to outboards, someone had slapped 235 Evinrudes or some other pieces of **** onto a bracket. Only wanted about $10k if I remember correctly . . . yes, still kicking myself on that one!

Harry

Pantera24 10-31-2006 09:17 AM

@#%$% 235 Evinrudes :eek:
Man I don't know what it is but everytime I see that boat I just fall more in love with it.

Black Tornado 10-31-2006 02:34 PM

However destroy the stern of a boat that has won a World Title is'nt a good thing. I remember something similar speaking of the old Aeromarine I then become BAM.
However the Boss O'Nova were three: The first it was a Bertram 31', there was then the II that was not a Cary, but already' a real Cigarette 32' (it had the deck as the new 36') and was a prototype because was builded only this one by Cigarette and then the III that was a beautiful silvered Cigarette 36'.
This last was purchased in 1973 by Howard Arneson that modified it with a new deck to entertain a cabin and re-named it Nauti Bye II. Arneson use it for many years in some competition club and for fast cruise.

Cig35Mistress 10-31-2006 05:42 PM

Marco:

Thanks for the history lesson - and I agree, ruining a vintage raceboat in anyway is a sacrelige!

Take care,

Harry

DelawareRiverRunner 10-31-2006 08:06 PM

Any Boss O' Nova pics and other info.? Was there a Bertram first then a Cigarette?

DelawareRiverRunner 10-31-2006 08:08 PM

Somehow I missed or sidestepped post #4...must have been the beer!

Ron P 10-31-2006 08:29 PM

I had an office next to Bill Wishnick for a couple of years. Neat guy.

I remember a Bosa Nova with straight shaft inboards sitting behind what is now Lightning Jacks for years. Which one was that? If I recall, it had a reverse angle transom.

Top Banana 10-31-2006 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
However the Boss O'Nova were three: The first it was a Bertram 31', there was then the II that was not a Cary, but already' a real Cigarette 32' (it had the deck as the new 36') and was a prototype because was builded only this one by Cigarette and then the III that was a beautiful silvered Cigarette 36'..

Marco ....this is what you are talking about.

Notice that the Cigarette boat co was so new, they didn't yet have the logo as their brand....the rear of the hull just has the word Cigarette.

We have a whole section on Wishnick going up on the site next week...also Aronow, Betty Cook, Vincenzo, Billy Martin a whole new look to.....www.historicraceboats.com

DelawareRiverRunner 10-31-2006 09:47 PM

GREAT photo Charlie!! Might you have any color photos of #1 and #2?