Notices

Apache Cats

Old 12-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Richie:

...Wildcat was an all fibreglass Apache cat...

T2x
I t was definitely fibreglass. I have a video showing the Mercury powered Wildcat winning the '93 Atami Ocean Cup. The boat was in mint condition and was campaigned by an entirely Japanese team. Don't know what happened to that boat later. The Wildcat team switched to a 40' Skater.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Richie:

The JJ flip was in 1987 in Marathon. I have it on one of our videos and I had the dubious pleasure of flying over it when the accident happened.
Wildcat was an all fibreglass Apache cat.

The only wooden one was the first hull.

T2x
T2x: You are correct. Thanks and Happy Holidays to you all.
7XCHAMP
Old 12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
T2x: You are correct. Thanks and Happy Holidays to you all.
7XCHAMP
Right back at ya...champ!

T2x
Old 12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, T2x, You mentioned in a previous thread about "Black Duck" being the winningest offshore boat. I am fixing to write a story about George Hertel and "Fever", the B-class v-bottom. I don't wnat to make a mistake. Could you give me a total on the B.D? I'll talk to George next week while I am Christmassing in the Keys. We'll compare notes before I print more lies. Merry Christmas and very best wishes to you and Darren.

AB
Old 12-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always thought the Apache cat was from a Maelstrom cat, also the Wild Cat I was told was a glass hull with a wood deck, not sure how much was true but I remember checking it out years back at Ocean Express.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

There is another one forsale here in MI. www.apachecat.com
Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Hey, T2x, You mentioned in a previous thread about "Black Duck" being the winningest offshore boat. I am fixing to write a story about George Hertel and "Fever", the B-class v-bottom. I don't wnat to make a mistake. Could you give me a total on the B.D? I'll talk to George next week while I am Christmassing in the Keys. We'll compare notes before I print more lies. Merry Christmas and very best wishes to you and Darren.

AB
That's a tough one because you have identified the "other" winningest boat...etc.

Fever campaigned for years and won consistently, but not always in National classes, and I don't believe it won any World Championships (not sure about National's either). Black Duck won multiple World and National titles and always in National classes. In addition George Hertel only campaigned Fever for a small part of its career, Joe Sgro had the most success with it, but again, mostly in the Sportsman classes.
In all honesty it's probably a toss up, and at the very least Black Duck leads the all time Cat list.

I'll see what records I have on B.D. so you can be precise.

Merry Christmas to you and all the women in South Florida....at least the attractive ones.

T2x
Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Outcast1
I always thought the Apache cat was from a Maelstrom cat, also the Wild Cat I was told was a glass hull with a wood deck, not sure how much was true but I remember checking it out years back at Ocean Express.
Both the two original wood Maelstroms and the Apache Cat were constructed by John McCall and I believe designed by Mike Peters, but they were three separate hulls and three separate lengths.

T2x
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Is this one http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/81323626.htm
Old 12-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
There is another one forsale here in MI. www.apachecat.com
Was on this Cat last May at a marina on the Clinton River. It was ready to splash. Nice updates and primo trailer. For a cat-lover probably worth a look...

Quick Reply: Apache Cats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.