Notices

Offshore reunion.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Offshore reunion.

Just got off the phone with Mel Riggs. We are interested in having a reunion of what's left of the '60s offshore racers. Sam James, Butch Stokes, Richie Powers, Odell Lewis, etc. Charlie McCarthy could be our coordinator. If you have some ideas and/or participants, let's hear it.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Just got off the phone with Mel Riggs. We are interested in having a reunion of what's left of the '60s offshore racers. Sam James, Butch Stokes, Richie Powers, Odell Lewis, etc. Charlie McCarthy could be our coordinator. If you have some ideas and/or participants, let's hear it.
Finally: Count me in. When I was thinking about an event, I made several contacts to invite, and most all said they would come. Bonomi, Shead, Magoon, Lanham, Wishnick, I always thought it would be great if some sponsors got invlolved ie: Mercury, Stainless Marine, Latham, Cigarette, Donzi, etc. etc. I`m sure we can all come up with a big list of people, or we can keep it more to a certain era??????? I would also like to start a Legends hall of fame at the same time, as well as make a special effort to remember the legends who have passed, we should remember and pay tribute to them and their families. Right on Brownie, whatever I can do. Richie
Old 01-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys should contact David Woods @ Pier 57. I bet he would be all over a deal like this.

I would be honored to meet you all as well!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
1CE
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be absolutely fantastic to say the least, great idea go 4-IT -J
Old 01-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
What due i have to due to just serve drinks to you guys and listen........Free labor and willing to travel.........
Old 01-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered

Mike, I'll Help You Pour!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

would you gentlemen be interested or ok with the idea of videoing or taping of some sort? the stories would be pretty amazing i am sure
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

Brownie....I'll be in your neighborhood next week. If you have a moment or two, we can go over the details. Spoke to Bill Wishnick recently, I am sure he would love to come also.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm buying the drinks!!!!..........

I may even come out of "retirement" for that event!!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

WOW! What an awesome idea! I am bringing my video camera and regular camera. Will there be a place to bring or park our boats? If there is I will bring the thunderbird along! I might even have it shipshape enough to let Mel and O'dell and whoever else wants to take her for a spin. Who else wants to take their boats from the 60's?

At any rate we should pick out a date, I asume it will be at Mel's marina or close to it. May I suggest the weekend before or the weekend after the EAA fly-in at Oshkosh, That would be last part of july or first part of august, Just a thought.

Any way lets do it! I will help anyway I can, just let me know!

I would love to meet these guys, and the thought of being able to meet them all at the same time is just unbelievable!

I wonder if speed channel or discovery channel would like to do a documentery or something, this will be a rare opportunity to document some very important offshore racing history. It would also help promote offshore racing. Maybe I'm going overboard but what do you guy's think?

Last edited by 1965 thunderbird; 01-10-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Offshore reunion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.