Notices

Super Hawaii

Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat I have is a white hull. Pics on the Randy Nuzzo site.
http://randynuzzo.com/images/albums/...d0b/HRPA01.jpg
Has been boatel kept from day one, CMI's, K & N's, and everypart of the drive system has been replaced with new.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Registered

There are also many more pic's on the Rabdy Nuzzo site. Hit his link for ImageQuix and hit the Super Hawaii site under the 2007 Hampton Roads Rendezvous Poker run. He has not had time to post this years pics, our run was Saturday.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Registered

Last weeks photos

If anyone is interested, The photos from the poker run last week are available now. People can get to the photos by visiting my web site for the link, or following this link directly:

http://www.imagequix.com/photog.php?id=69Z829N

Just hit the Super Hawaii button.
91 Super Hawaii
Old 08-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's some photos from 1991 or1992 on Lake Michigan.
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-scan0001-large-.jpg   Super Hawaii-scan0006-large-.jpg   Super Hawaii-scan0007-large-.jpg  

Old 08-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1 more
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-scan0008-large-.jpg  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

That's the 4 engine Gancia dei Gancia, look at the exhaust coming out the sides of the boat. If you recall if left a soot trail and stain in the water for hours after it passed you!!!

You look at the birth or growth of racing diesels in offshore boats and it had a prettty good start. When we added the big engines to this boat, it was the begining of the death of racing diesels because this boat single handed lead to an ban of diesels racing in Key West for awhile.

The environmentalists (my moto is pave the planet!) could show how that boat stained the water and could have an adverse affect on Key West.

Anyone that was close to it ithe pits wll recall the black soot and stain that was left on their water line and it didn't come out all the way.

That is why you see all the SH race boats painted in dark colors, the lighter boats couldn't come clean!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

Payton on the board has a real nice 34. He is the big guy in the pic that looks like he should be playing D line in the NFL.
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-dsc00295-3-.jpg  

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 08-31-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe I've missed this thread for 2 weeks!

Great info and stories Joe. Your info kind of straightens out some of the stories I was told when I first bought my boat. A lot of what I was told had a little bit of truth, but kind of went the wrong direction.
Mine is an all white Imron 1991 34' with staggered 454 mags, now putting out about 425 hp. The pic MM posted is is how the boat looked for the first 4 years I owned it. I had the flames added. I changed the graphics this past winter. This is how she looks now.
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-img_0446-large-.jpg   Super Hawaii-img_0565-medium-.jpg   Super Hawaii-img_0563-medium-.jpg  

Old 09-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

And the winner of the 2008 Cowes Torquay Cowes race is?
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-winner-cowes.jpg  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Payton - the name fits the boat!!!!

littlenige - Cowes is one of the great races, it seperates the men from the boys. It's offshore racing as it was intended, I liken it to LeMans and what is done here in the US, well it's NASCAR at Dover Downs, the Monster Mile!!!!

I wish I could support Top Banana in his efforts to bring Offshore Racing back again, just don't have the $'s to even race anymore.

Kitami, despite the "masterplan" that went array, he was committed to trying to push offshore racing and not settle on just using existing technology. He spent millions to develope new products that could go into production.

I'll say it again, Offshore Racing was not designed to be a spectator sport, just like Paris Dakar or Baja, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

Quick Reply: Super Hawaii

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.