Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Don Johnson's 50' cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/193762-don-johnsons-50-cat.html)

SLOWOUTBOARD 08-25-2008 01:17 PM

Watched That Boat Run In Nyc I Think Around 89-90.very Fast In Its Day.i Think It Held The Closed Course Record For A While.

vtec 09-02-2008 08:31 PM

It was built by Revenge (whom made sportfisherman). There was a small write up in Professional Boatbuilder (last two years?) about the Revenge company, which was sold a while back.

MOBILEMERCMAN 09-02-2008 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD (Post 2663120)
Watched That Boat Run In Nyc I Think Around 89-90.very Fast In Its Day.i Think It Held The Closed Course Record For A While.

Yes, It is still listed in SBI's fastest lap records

# 50 TeamUSA 1990 New York 127.3 mph no driver listed

boatsbywheels 09-02-2008 09:31 PM

the boat was built by john sadouwski of revenve yachts in pompano beach, fl when he built the hull he destroyed the wooden mold after its completition. its been listed on the classified ads a number of times

littlenige 09-19-2008 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From Flying Fish's archive over on Boatmad:-

h2oboater 09-24-2008 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a shot of TEAM USA,, is that 7x on the throttles making it look easy ?

JasonSmith 09-24-2008 01:06 PM

So where is it now? Worth looking at to restore? It sure looks cool, not that I got the $ to start a project like that, just curious.

7xchamp 09-24-2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 2695796)
Here is a shot of TEAM USA,, is that 7x on the throttles making it look easy ?

That would be me, we must have been looking at some girls, as we are all looking to our right, either that or we were waiting for the start????
When I see some of my old rides I recall all the various boats I built and raced, it`s a fairly good list. I was probably one of the most versitle guys of the time with wins in all classes I raced. In the four engine cats, I ran the Team USA---Popeyes Goetz ----- Gentry Ex Arneson boat 48`.: In superboat triple engine V`s I ran: The gentry 48` Scarab--- The Wellcraft 43` triple--- and my favorite Apache Heritage triple.With Popeyes We won the APBA championship in 1988, Al`s last Championship. The Wellcraft 43` we set a Kilo record and won the 1993 APBA worlds in Ft. Meyers, Apache Heritage we won SBI 1992 and 1993 Worlds in Key West. One day I`ll recall my Open class history which includes 4 UIM championships all back to back, God I sure miss those days and all the challenges, at least I have the memories and a few followers,thanks to OSO.

racesdad 09-25-2008 01:08 AM

Dam 7x. We Knew You Were The $hit, But Dam

T2x 09-25-2008 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by racesdad (Post 2696661)
Dam 7x. We Knew You Were The $hit, But Dam

Richie wrote the book on keeping a relatively low profile......

His main talent IMHO was consistency, and being low key. Aside from the 1988 Popeye's season, most of his owner/drivers were the same way (Tom Gentry being the quitessential humble owner in my opinion). You could always count on Richie for a thoughtful quote without a torrent of bombast.

Class and composure marked the true champions back then. Today's "in your face" generation could take a few lessons. Ever wonder why the true champs like J.T., Stevie, and Imprescia don't need to shout about themselves?

Richie heads my list of all time classy T-men........ he was also a nightmare to compete against......and a joy to cover on video.

By the way, he is still young enough to give it another go.......;)

T2x