Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again >

Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again

Notices

Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again

Old 10-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Redman
Joern: Amalie Motor Oil. Witco Chemical--Bill Wishnick--(Bossonova)--their products included 'Amalie' and 'Kendall' motor oil. Bill was very generous when sponsoring his products and promoting Offshore.

Gene
Nice to have you join us here Gene....great seeing you again in June at the reunion.

Also don't forget Bill's brother's company Crowell Bilge Pumps....most of the old racing shots show the boats carrying that sticker also.

Charlie McCarthy
Old 10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redman
Yes, and you are Marco ---?? Associated/related to Vincenzo??? I think we all agree, the 36' widebody was the best rough water boat of its time---
Gene
Honoured to know you Gene.
My name tells few or nothing in the Offshore.
In the times that you raced with Doc Magoon I was only a young fans of Balestrieri.
Now as hobby I make researches on the history of this sport.
I would like so much to feel a history from you.
I hope that you will want to tell us here of you and Magoon.

Marco
Old 10-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a great pleasure to meet most of you in Sunny Isles Beach. I t,meant more to me to meet you guys, then be asked for our autographs. Thank you for attending and putting this event on. WE MADE HISTORY THAT DAY........AGAIN.
MIKE STANCOMBE
PEPPERS/LUCAS OIL
Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, I love the looks of those old Kiek. Aeromarine motors. Had the literature years ago -Championship Maker 625's- wished I'd saved them. Good job- Jeff
Old 10-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by racesdad
It was a great pleasure to meet most of you in Sunny Isles Beach. I t,meant more to me to meet you guys, then be asked for our autographs. Thank you for attending and putting this event on. WE MADE HISTORY THAT DAY........AGAIN.
MIKE STANCOMBE
PEPPERS/LUCAS OIL
Mike....you guys are the future of the sport.....we just have to keep you out of sight of land for a while and you will be addicted for life. You guys did a great job that day....little more and it could have been PEPPERS in first place.

damn, I love the looks of those old Kiek. Aeromarine motors. Had the literature years ago -Championship Maker 625's- wished I'd saved them. Good job- Jeff

Jeff....there is a whole area devoted to Carl Kiekhaefer on the HORBA site...here is a little sampling.

www.historicraceboats.com
Attached Thumbnails Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-kiekhaefer0003-small-.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-kiekhaefer-catalog0001-small-.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-kiekhaefer-catalog0002-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 10-10-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Mike....you guys are the future of the sport.....we just have to keep you out of sight of land for a while and you will be addicted for life. You guys did a great job that day....little more and it could have been PEPPERS in first place.

Jeff....there is a whole area devoted to Carl Kiekhaefer on the HORBA site...here is a little sampling.

www.historicraceboats.com
Dad and I went for a ride in history that day, Nothing to prove but to make it across and back. We did it for ourselves and for all the guys before us. I loved it.
I hope you bring it back. Maybe move it around different parts of the US where these events took place. A different site evry year
Thank You again
Micheal Stancombe
Old 10-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered

do you have any of the decals left? i would love to have some for my son when he get older so he knows what his dad and grandfather did before when we had pistons power, not hovercraft
Old 10-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff....there is a whole area devoted to Carl Kiekhaefer on the HORBA site...here is a little sampling

Thanks for the sample Charlie; I couldn't find that section on Mr. K.- I appreciate your keeping the history alive - Jeff
Old 10-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi joern
Me and my brother purchased "I Like it too" from Charles Gill. We entered it for the 79 Cowes Torquay but Jack Cunningham got disqualified for being late to the drivers meeting so we entered the boat in the Round the Island event. Jack drove and I throttled I am not sure who navigated. Before the event I rebuilt the engines where we lived in Lancashire, drove them down to Hamble, installed them and drove the boat over to Cowes by myself. I was 19 and the memories are locked in for life. The boat rode like a Cadillac through the rough water. Beautiful boat.
Mike
Old 10-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Bontoft
Hi joern
Me and my brother purchased "I Like it too" from Charles Gill. We entered it for the 79 Cowes Torquay but Jack Cunningham got disqualified for being late to the drivers meeting so we entered the boat in the Round the Island event. Jack drove and I throttled I am not sure who navigated. Before the event I rebuilt the engines where we lived in Lancashire, drove them down to Hamble, installed them and drove the boat over to Cowes by myself. I was 19 and the memories are locked in for life. The boat rode like a Cadillac through the rough water. Beautiful boat.
Mike

Good to hear from you Mike, I assume you are the ones racing it as Realite Charger ? I'we been trying to get hold of your telephone or e-mail adress thru Boatmad.com for a long time and would very much appreciate if you drop me a private e-mail on the adress below ! I have a ton of questions, and yes it rides beatifully in the open seas!
Regards Joern

[email protected]

Quick Reply: Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.