Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Peter dean's 35 ft slingshot is gone (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/198101-peter-deans-35-ft-slingshot-gone.html)

priceb 10-30-2008 06:17 AM

Peter dean's 35 ft slingshot is gone

On Monday afternoon I got a call that the leading performance boat company in Melbourne was on fire.

Luckily no one was hurt. Unfortunately for us boaters in Melbourne our # 1 company for boating was destroyed. I feel very sorry for the owner. Also, in the factory Slingshot was being worked on.

The owner of Slingshot came and saw me shortly after and said "its gone, burned to the chine".

Sorry guys, there goes a classic australian race boat and classic cigarette.

kubcat 10-30-2008 07:41 AM

That is bad news. There are not may boats with so much history here, it is a real shame to lose Slingshot.

Who's shop caught on fire?

littlenige 10-30-2008 11:35 AM

Sad news!

Black Tornado 10-30-2008 03:59 PM

Little story for it.
Sad end.

priceb 11-04-2008 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by kubcat (Post 2728144)
That is bad news. There are not may boats with so much history here, it is a real shame to lose Slingshot.

Who's shop caught on fire?

race marine

THEJOKER 11-04-2008 08:16 PM

I know where another one is.

Rob Bailey 11-04-2008 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by priceb (Post 2728105)
On Monday afternoon I got a call that the leading performance boat company in Melbourne was on fire.

Luckily no one was hurt. Unfortunately for us boaters in Melbourne our # 1 company for boating was destroyed. I feel very sorry for the owner. Also, in the factory Slingshot was being worked on.

The owner of Slingshot came and saw me shortly after and said "its gone, burned to the chine".

Sorry guys, there goes a classic australian race boat and classic cigarette.

So srry to here.
Was talking to mates yesterday about a "Offshore older boat: that went into Mt Martha cove a couple of weekends ago.
Fantastic sound IMO it was a old race boat, the driver did a U turn and gave it throttle,fantastic.
Was it the same boat?
Friend said that the boat was damaged when getting it back on the trailer and had heard it had burn't to the ground.
Wonder if it was her last run that I viewed.

priceb 11-04-2008 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Bailey (Post 2732065)
So srry to here.
Was talking to mates yesterday about a "Offshore older boat: that went into Mt Martha cove a couple of weekends ago.
Fantastic sound IMO it was a old race boat, the driver did a U turn and gave it throttle,fantastic.
Was it the same boat?
Friend said that the boat was damaged when getting it back on the trailer and had heard it had burn't to the ground.
Wonder if it was her last run that I viewed.

I took my cigarette top gun into martha cove the other week and picked up a girl i'm friends with. My cig is super loud and I dont think the old people were impressed!.

I did a couple of runs back and forth, then pulled up at Dromana pier.

Rob Bailey 11-05-2008 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by priceb (Post 2732132)
I took my cigarette top gun into martha cove the other week and picked up a girl i'm friends with. My cig is super loud and I dont think the old people were impressed!.

I did a couple of runs back and forth, then pulled up at Dromana pier.

are it was your boat,fantastic.I was watching you with my glasse's from the beach house on Bradford rd mt martha.
Could here you comming.I liked the way you got her up on the plain.Well done.
Bought back memories of the good old days when Glass and Dean raced on the bay.:ernaehrung004:

priceb 11-05-2008 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Bailey (Post 2732148)
are it was your boat,fantastic.I was watching you with my glasse's from the beach house on Bradford rd mt martha.
Could here you comming.I liked the way you got her up on the plain.Well done.
Bought back memories of the good old days when Glass and Dean raced on the bay.:ernaehrung004:

Thank you!.

Would you like me to take you for a run in it?

God i wish i was old enough to have raced Dean & glass!.