Miami Vice The great mc carthy Renegade Cig

Notices

Miami Vice The great mc carthy Renegade Cig

Old 01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Larry Drove Red Ryder, but the gig didnt happen because, as it was stated, Larry used to drive alot on Miami Vice.

The only shots of Bad Company where in the opening scenes(featured in the rest of the episodes preambles), and one fleeting shot off Elliot key as all the boats ran around a check bouy.

Unfortunately Offshore does'nt sell like we think it should. Mann spent 22 mil in the MV film on the boating scenes alone and most of them were cut from the theatrical release.(this includes ALL of the racing scenes). People will watch what people can relate to. NASCAR is an easy fit because we all drive cars... the genius behind early stock-car racing was that they put racers behind the wheels of cars that were "stock". People could relate. The average American thinks boating is something you do in freshwater and usually involves worms and a fishing pole. We have a very small and deteriorating audience.
I agree that most people relate to racing that has a car that appears somewhat like their car. Offshore racing was once called, 'The Sport of Madmen and Kings". Last I checked, I'm not running a country, so it's clear what category I fall in. I think it is harder for the general public to relate to what we do. Most of my friends not in the sport can't imagine why I would wrench on the boat for so many hours for such a short time running; but that takes us back to the Sport of Madmen and Kings again doesn't it.........

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
We have a very small and deteriorating audience.
I agree. I notice young kids will walk past my boat sitting on the trailer and barely give it a glance. But, years ago, people would pull over to talk to me about it. I'm worried this is a dying sport. If it is, I'm going out like a mad man!

Last edited by In The Pink; 01-27-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You don't happen to be Barry with the 42' Fountain and big power?

Old 01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
You don't happen to be Barry with the 42' Fountain and big power?
No. not Barry, but everything else is right.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Registered

I think the biggest problem this sport is facing is greenies and left wing idiots. As this carbon crap continues to grow, and the constant crackdown on the population by more and more rules, we will see speed limits and restrictions get worse and worse, and carbon testing and taxes on our boats will increase.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

A Bit off topic but MidOcean, Do you remember when a Kid that worked for Larry G took Craig Barry's Brand New Scarab for the 1 1/2 mile trip from Cigarette To Turnberry for the Mayden Voyage?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Grey and Burgandy Scarab? That guy also worked for Julio D. ??
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I Believe this was a All white scarab, the kid was showing off going under the bridge, Obviously going too fast to make the turn and hit the gaurd that protects the pillars and flipped a 5 minute old boat. Craig was not happy.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Marina Tower

Back then I used to stay on the fifth floor of the Marina Tower at Turnberry. The sights and sounds up the intercoastal then were incredible. Thanks for sparking that nice memory on a very cold, icy Maryland day, it was a great diversion.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my fav. boat from MD.. a 33 powerplay from a guy named Trainer. We tested on the chesapeak... Great boat. All white, trip 200's. I miss that one.
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice The great mc carthy Renegade Cig-dscn0702.jpg   Miami Vice The great mc carthy Renegade Cig-todd-33-one.jpg   Miami Vice The great mc carthy Renegade Cig-todd-33-motors-sm.jpg  

Quick Reply: Miami Vice The great mc carthy Renegade Cig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.