Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
HORBA announces Don Aronow Memorial Cup >

HORBA announces Don Aronow Memorial Cup

Notices

HORBA announces Don Aronow Memorial Cup

Old 12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me know if the miami to key west race is still on. i have the 1977 39ft cigeratte C.A.M. Boat formerly owned by Bob Nordskog and may be interested in entering it if it fits into one of the classes.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFever29
let me know if the miami to key west race is still on. i have the 1977 39ft cigeratte C.A.M. Boat formerly owned by Bob Nordskog and may be interested in entering it if it fits into one of the classes.
No....the Miami Key west race is off. No definites from sponsors and no help from the racing organization we wanted to work with.

HOWEVER......Next September.....we have chosen NPBA...Billy Frenz's race organization to help us put on the DON ARONOW MEMEORIAL AROUND LONG ISLAND MARATHON. The record stands at 3 hours and 6 minutes for the 271 miles.

Your boat would definitley have a class. I think you keep your boat in NJ in the summer, so this would make a great local event for you.

Manhaset Bay Marina and La Motta's Restaurant will be wet and dry pits and race headquarters. Race will start on the north side of Long Island and finish on the ocean side.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
No....the Miami Key west race is off. No definites from sponsors and no help from the racing organization we wanted to work with.

HOWEVER......Next September.....we have chosen NPBA...Billy Frenz's race organization to help us put on the DON ARONOW MEMEORIAL AROUND LONG ISLAND MARATHON. The record stands at 3 hours and 6 minutes for the 271 miles.

Your boat would definitley have a class. I think you keep your boat in NJ in the summer, so this would make a great local event for you.

Manhaset Bay Marina and La Motta's Restaurant will be wet and dry pits and race headquarters. Race will start on the north side of Long Island and finish on the ocean side.
Good job Charlie:

That event features all kinds of sea conditions, navigational challenges (Finding Plum Gut) and a long and honored history.

Good luck with it............

If you need any help....just ask.

T2x