Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Anyone have any info on Martini boats? >

Anyone have any info on Martini boats?

Notices

Anyone have any info on Martini boats?

Old 03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any info on Martini boats?

Hello,

I'm looking at this cherry old boat that is a Martini.

The only info that I can find on the net is about an old Cig "Dry Martini" race boat from back then.

I can't even find the company in the NADA price guide.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Martini boats where great. The last time I saw the molds, Bob Bowers at Corsa had them. The 26 Corsa is the same boat. The hull comes from the original 24 Cig/ P and D, Pantera, Carerra...etc...etc.. I liked the fact that it was a bit longer.... closer to a 27 starfire.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Martini boats where great. The last time I saw the molds, Bob Bowers at Corsa had them. The 26 Corsa is the same boat. The hull comes from the original 24 Cig/ P and D, Pantera, Carerra...etc...etc.. I liked the fact that it was a bit longer.... closer to a 27 starfire.
The original Cig has an 8 foot beam.....the others you mentioned have a 7 foot beam.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ONLY info you're gonna find about them is on this website! I'm still trying to find an original brochure.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my old martini, it was the plug for the new corsa. had to sand for months to get the orininal shape back. great boat ran 70 + with 400 hp
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any info on Martini boats?-12-23-2007-05%3B16%3B10pm-3-.jpg  
Old 03-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
my old martini, it was the plug for the new corsa. had to sand for months to get the orininal shape back. great boat ran 70 + with 400 hp
Do you have any more pics? Does the Corsa have the hook like the Martini, and if not how did the lack of one increase speeds?

Oh, and you won't find anything in NADA and your insurance co. won't believe they were ever made either, I had to use safeco
Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
The original Cig has an 8 foot beam.....the others you mentioned have a 7 foot beam.
Charley, I thought your 24...the mold you got from Don was a 7....

Last edited by MidOcean; 03-15-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Charley, I thought your 24...the mold you got from Don was a 7....
No....it is 8 feet, the same as a Top Gun....the whole history of the 24 is on the website......www.bananaboatco.com

Go to products, click on 24 ...scroll down to bottom of page and click on ..History of 24.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered

I own a 1980 27' Martini with twin 350 small blocks.
Great boat. Don't know how many were made with twins, or if any are sitll around..
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Thanks everyone that replied.

I went and looked, the boat isn't quite as cherry as I was expecting. But not too bad for a 28 year old boat that sounds like has some storied history, maybe amongst some of you guys even. Advertised as a Martini (and said is registered as) but actually has Corsa decals on each side of the stern.

It is a 31' Cor/Tini with twin 465 big blocks and TRS drives. Most of its years are from North East USA now to South East USA. It's sitting around alot and corrosion/rust is showing on numerous parts in the engine compartment and engines. The hull has damage in several places, some patched ok, some falling apart. Bottom gel-coat, top paint/clear with patches of the clear pealing. After cranking up the tongue a few turns abought a gallon of tea-water ran out. It's pretty rough.

I'm familiar with the TRS and maybe getting parts if needed, or the pricey Konrad replacements.

Any idea what Make/Model might be comparable that I can look up in NADA to get a rough value?

Any idea on weight or other concerns with these boats?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any info on Martini boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.