Can anyone identify this boat?? >

Can anyone identify this boat??

Notices

Can anyone identify this boat??

Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone identify this boat??

Hi all you old school offshore guys! I need your help in finding out exactly what this boat is.

It was for sale listed as a 1990 Cigarette Bullet 31, but something just didn't look right - no asymmetric deck, and the screen looks wrong. So I went and visited him, looked closer at the boat, and got the HIN.

The HIN is CEL29P04F888 - and doing a HIN search gives me only the registered manufacturer - Cooper Enterprises Ltd. As memory serves, Cooper (out of Vancouver BC) later became Queenship and dropped their smaller line, which had been called "Prowler". At this point everything becomes fuzzy ...

Did Cooper's Prowler line get bought out by somebody? Are they in any way related to the Sonic line?

Anybody have any pictures of a Cooper built Prowler of the late 80s?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me - I'm trying to determine what this boat is likely worth.

I'll try to post some pictures in a separate post.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Can't figure out how to post pictures directly, so here's a link ...

http://gallery.me.com/tony.bullock#100039

Note: Not sure if the arch (yech) is factory or not ...
Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Starseed-6
Hi all you old school offshore guys! I need your help in finding out exactly what this boat is.

It was for sale listed as a 1990 Cigarette Bullet 31, but something just didn't look right - no asymmetric deck, and the screen looks wrong. So I went and visited him, looked closer at the boat, and got the HIN.

The HIN is CEL29P04F888 - and doing a HIN search gives me only the registered manufacturer - Cooper Enterprises Ltd. As memory serves, Cooper (out of Vancouver BC) later became Queenship and dropped their smaller line, which had been called "Prowler". At this point everything becomes fuzzy ...

Did Cooper's Prowler line get bought out by somebody? Are they in any way related to the Sonic line?

Anybody have any pictures of a Cooper built Prowler of the late 80s?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me - I'm trying to determine what this boat is likely worth.

I'll try to post some pictures in a separate post.
One thing is for sure. It's no cigarette.

The hull actually looks like a 31' Sonic... The deck could be a fusion of the sonic and someone's rogue creativity. The lip at the transom makes me believe that the hull had to be modified to fit a longer deck mold.

Hope this helps,

T.

Last edited by MidOcean; 02-22-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a Carrera or possibly a Cobalt Condore (sp?) which I believe was designed by Carrera
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wstultz
Looks like a Carrera or possibly a Cobalt Condore (sp?) which I believe was designed by Carrera
The Carrera ss9m didn't have that ridge over the bow or the lip on the transom. I owned the Damn Carerra/ Country Boys/ Karateka.. The deck was a bit higher.. also, the 9m was an actual 29.5.. not a 31.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

OK, here's the scoop. We called Queenship (who still exist) and spoke with the shop foreman, who has been with the company in it's various forms since 1985. He remembers the boat - it was apparently built in 1988/89 just before a bankruptcy and subsequent dropping of all boats smaller than 35 feet.

The hull in question is a 29', and the mold was apparently later spread and turned into a cabin cruiser, in their Prowler line. He said that 3-4 of them were built and he was not aware that any were ever actually finished (apparently one of them was!) The hull was all laid up by hand, using rove, and he felt pretty strong and well built.

As you say, it's certainly no Cigarette, and as such it's value is ????

It is in nice shape - mechanically it's virtually perfect, and the interior is immaculate. A little but of TLC on the gel and it would be a great starter boat for someone (the current owner has had it over 65mph, then ran out of nerve)

Thanks everybody for your feedback - personally I think I'm going to pass on it, at least at the price he's currently asking, as it's certainly not a Bullet. If anyone is interested in it I can certainly put you on to the owner - but like I say I have no idea what it would actually be worth, as a one-off boat with no pedigree. Any guesses??
Old 02-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Starseed-6
OK, here's the scoop. We called Queenship (who still exist) and spoke with the shop foreman, who has been with the company in it's various forms since 1985. He remembers the boat - it was apparently built in 1988/89 just before a bankruptcy and subsequent dropping of all boats smaller than 35 feet.

The hull in question is a 29', and the mold was apparently later spread and turned into a cabin cruiser, in their Prowler line. He said that 3-4 of them were built and he was not aware that any were ever actually finished (apparently one of them was!) The hull was all laid up by hand, using rove, and he felt pretty strong and well built.

As you say, it's certainly no Cigarette, and as such it's value is ????

It is in nice shape - mechanically it's virtually perfect, and the interior is immaculate. A little but of TLC on the gel and it would be a great starter boat for someone (the current owner has had it over 65mph, then ran out of nerve)

Thanks everybody for your feedback - personally I think I'm going to pass on it, at least at the price he's currently asking, as it's certainly not a Bullet. If anyone is interested in it I can certainly put you on to the owner - but like I say I have no idea what it would actually be worth, as a one-off boat with no pedigree. Any guesses??
In today's market, 10-12 k on the high side.. as long as all the mechanical checks out.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Here is one that was made in Ontario Canada that was said to be a Magnum Starfire, it's not.. They both look to have similar lines.
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone identify this boat??-m.jpg   Can anyone identify this boat??-mag12444444.jpg  
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a cross between an IMP and a Sonic. How much are they asking for it?