Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   80's race boat Sorcerer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/225780-80s-race-boat-sorcerer.html)

4FX 03-06-2010 07:37 PM

80's race boat Sorcerer

I remember an old race boat called The Sorcerer, The boat was owned by Jim Vaughn out of Eastlake, OH along with Rascal 333 also out of Eastlake in the early to mid 80s
Does anybody have pics and info of this boat? I think it is a 30-33' Velocity what power/drives, speed and where/condition it's in now.

Thanks, Troy

4FX 03-08-2010 03:32 PM

WOW!!!! Nobody

CIG3 any input?

Just wondering also if this is/was the boat that Bobby O. had sitting at his place for so long? in Eastlake

CIG3 03-09-2010 08:28 AM

The boat is 30' Corsa. Owned by Bobby O and sitting next to his house covered for many years.

Boat came out of Florida from Greg Gluck and became Rascal winning a couple divisional titles with Frank Cichon, George Rossi and Bobby O on board.

When the 40' Caricoff came home the Corsa ran for one more season then was sold to Jim Vaughn and then to Tim Walters who bother raced it as Sourcerer.

Not exactly sure when Bobby O bought it but he did alot of work to it including rebuilt engines and drives, paint, transom and much more. I think he even set it up for a back seat.

I bet for the right money someone could finish this thing up and have a really cool old boat with alot of history.

CIG3 03-09-2010 09:38 AM

Corsa (RASCAL) Sourcerer Pictures

3 Attachment(s)
Here's what I have on my computer.

X-Driver 03-09-2010 02:28 PM

Nice pixs. I remember seeing that boat race. Anyone have any other 80/90s era GLOBRA raceboat pixs? Rememer the Copper Kettle boat? What about the CedarPoint race?

Thx-

h2oboater 03-09-2010 07:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by X-Driver (Post 3063534)
Nice pixs. I remember seeing that boat race. Anyone have any other 80/90s era GLOBRA raceboat pixs? Rememer the Copper Kettle boat? What about the CedarPoint race?

Thx-

Here is Cig3 boat on the cover at Cedar Point. And a few more at the Mentor Yacht Club from back in the day..:ernaehrung004:

4FX 03-09-2010 08:27 PM

WOW!!!! I didnt realize Sorcerer was the old little "Rascal" as I alway called it when Frank got the Caicoff "Rascal" very cool knowimg that. His boats damn near alway won back in the day.

I remember the 95' Sandusky race "The Battle of Lake Erie" that Dennis Kieser of "Jaws" hosted. CT Peppers beat Rascal by maybe a boat length in class D. AWESOME RACE and race weekend ALL the divisional and national teams where there: Ohio Steel cat, Heavy Metal, Alcone, 'Nuff Respect etc. Those were the days many classes many boats in them as well!!!

Hey thanks for the info Andy!!!! any more pics? would be cool to have a few more.

Maybe swing by Bob's place today or tomorrow and take a gander if he's there to see?????

Troy

CIG3 03-10-2010 07:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple more. I have tons of stuff at home.

X-Driver 03-10-2010 07:25 AM

Cool pixs, Cig/4FX! Keep them coming.

I also have an old Cedar Point Stroh's race brochure from the mid 80s. My brother and dad won their stock class in a 24' Cmate that yr. The Ashland Express boat won overall.

tcminvestors 10-23-2015 11:30 PM

Would he be interested in selling Rascal Greg Gluck is one of my best friend I remember that boat, I could be reach at 305-450-5501 Tony