Bought It!! '79 F-233 >

Bought It!! '79 F-233

Notices

Bought It!! '79 F-233

Old 10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought It!! '79 F-233

Well, It took a while. I finally found a '79 Formula f233 on Ebay last week and after a pretty boring bidding, I Won!! Even though the boat was local, In never got a chance to go see it before the end of the auction. When I looked at the pictures it seemed to be in fair shape and I was looking to buy something that needed some work, not a total resto. Well when I got there to pick it up I was fairly pleasantly surprized! It was on a Roadrunner trailer (original to boat), the tires were toast and no working brakes. OK. No big problem. I knew it needed paint work. (Worked for Sherwin-Williams Automotive for 8 years.) Blown upper outdrive. (Again, no problem. Knew about it.) Interior was amateur. Motor ran well.
So the trip across I-480 (60 miles) was pretty uneventful. I was waiting to have a tire blow! But thankfully not! Got it to the storage lot and gave it a quick once over. Transom seems solid. Stringers too. Bunch of un-needed holes to fill and a little repair to the top of the transom. Supposedly backed into a pole. Swim platform took the major hit. (Might not run one anyhow.) In all I think I did alright for $785.00!!!
I don't have any pictures yet.(S**T WEATHER!) I'll try post some up as soon as it clears up.
The boat was originally from the Canton, OH area and I got it from a guy in Chesterland, OH. If anybody knows anything about it, I'd appreciate any input. Thanks
Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, Best of luck with it and take lots of pictures!!