Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat. >

Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat.

Notices

Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty cool amxess...you should save that boat. The 27 Sport is a special boat...restore it as lil smidgen...

BTW...I've got a 27 Sport and a Donohue Javelin...
Old 02-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by amxess
I took some photos today so click on the attached link to see them. One photo has the hull ID# which is MAG27326.

It's rough to say the least, but hull did seem sound. There was some rain-water inside hull along with some green moss and such so can't tell if there wasn't any rot below that, but hull looked good from what I could see. They definitely made these quite strong from all the reinforcing in that hull. One photo of the engine cover out of the boat (other is inside) says Atlantic Offshore Performance Engines, Brick, N.J.

Working with property owner so it's safe for at least a couple of weeks. Here's the link for the photos:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/579742461JhnFXg
YOU FOUND IT,,, it is the LIL' SMIDGEN..... Also know as SPIRIT !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat.-mag-team.jpg   Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat.-magnum-spirit78.jpg  

Last edited by h2oboater; 02-09-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply

Thanks everyone for the info! Quite cool h2oboater that you have the sister ship. And love to see your Donohue 24 degrees! Have two AMX's myself.

Looks like this boat has quite the race history. I'm working with friend who manages the property where it's at so safe for awhile and if it has to be moved I'll get it out of there. If anyone is interested in it, we'll take any offers on it. Otherwise we'll probably clean her up as best we can and put it on Ebay or something. Definitely a major project and more than I want to deal with.

Any website that has old race results for these boats?

Thanks again all,

amxess
Old 02-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=amxess;3320272]Thanks everyone for the info! Quite cool h2oboater that you have the sister ship. And love to see your Donohue 24 degrees! Have two AMX's myself.

Looks like this boat has quite the race history. I'm working with friend who manages the property where it's at so safe for awhile and if it has to be moved I'll get it out of there. If anyone is interested in it, we'll take any offers on it. Otherwise we'll probably clean her up as best we can and put it on Ebay or something. Definitely a major project and more than I want to deal with.

Any website that has old race results for these boats?

Thanks again all,

I HAD the sister Mag, sold her many years ago. Just do a search of [Lil Smidgen, Spirit] here on OSO you will find much info on her..
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 24degrees
Pretty cool amxess...you should save that boat. The 27 Sport is a special boat...restore it as lil smidgen...

BTW...I've got a 27 Sport and a Donohue Javelin...
Don't see very many of those Donohue Javelins anymore, I had one it was yellow w/black stripes and a GREEN corduroy interior, also had a 1973 black Pierre Cardin 401 AMX

h2oboater, you need to buy it, that way you will have both Smidgen's, how cool would that be.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looks like Seminole spirit,with smaller scoops .spirit had tunnel rams!

[FONT="Arial Black"[/FONT]
Originally Posted by amxess
I took some photos today so click on the attached link to see them. One photo has the hull ID# which is MAG27326.

It's rough to say the least, but hull did seem sound. There was some rain-water inside hull along with some green moss and such so can't tell if there wasn't any rot below that, but hull looked good from what I could see. They definitely made these quite strong from all the reinforcing in that hull. One photo of the engine cover out of the boat (other is inside) says Atlantic Offshore Performance Engines, Brick, N.J.

Working with property owner so it's safe for at least a couple of weeks. Here's the link for the photos:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/579742461JhnFXg
Old 02-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hin #

Amxess,can you post the HIN # from the transom,and I can verifiy its authentic. Bud
Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[Looks like Seminole spirit,with smaller scoops .spirit had tunnel rams]
I bought the taller hatches from Emerald City that Wally Harper made [Lil Smidgen] for my Mag [Believe It]. When Charley Lynch [America Spirit] owned her they put the lighter, smaller hatches on her.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat.-mag-lil-smidgen-h2o1212.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Amxess,can you post the HIN # from the transom,and I can verifiy its authentic. Bud
Bud It is posted #27326.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested. Let me know what you want for it. Its rough and going to take a lot of work. 217-725-2537 Big Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.