Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Better built boat... Martini or Corsa? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/259425-better-built-boat-martini-corsa.html)

bobo1 08-02-2011 06:17 PM

Better built boat... Martini or Corsa?

Where these boats built by the same company different name? If not, was one built better than the other? Thanks for any info! Bobo

fastdonzi 08-02-2011 06:29 PM

Both pretty much the same. What ever was the good Glass & Resin for that era is what their made from, Just like the Cigs,Panteras,Apaches,Tempest ect. For what ever year the boat is you can bet that all the Mfgrs where buying the same stuff.

THEJOKER 08-02-2011 07:37 PM

When you have almost an inch of solid fiberglass bottom it's hard to go wrong!

Cig35Mistress 08-03-2011 02:38 AM

Well said, Joker! And to the original poster, the Corsa and the Martini were the same boat, both built by Bob Bower out of Miami, so to answer your question, they would've been built to the same specs.

My 26' is built like a brick ****house, it'll go through anything, and come out with smile.

Harry

bobo1 08-03-2011 04:48 AM

Great input!! I thank you all! Bobo

O.C.Barry 08-03-2011 06:07 PM

+1

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress (Post 3468574)
Well said, Joker! And to the original poster, the Corsa and the Martini were the same boat, both built by Bob Bower out of Miami, so to answer your question, they would've been built to the same specs.

My 26' is built like a brick ****house, it'll go through anything, and come out with smile.

Harry

+1 They are cool, very well built boats, you can't go wrong with either.

Firecat 01-09-2015 04:17 AM

Yes and no...

The very first Martini was hand made by the founder of Martini, Corsa and Stuart Angler (a sport fishing line of boats). This first boat was literally created from scratch in his brother's backyard!

For the next few years, they [Bob and John Bower] built up Martini, with both 7 & 9 meter boats. As the company grew and a few changes were made, Martini phased out and Corsa took it's place ... sort of like when Datsun became Nissan.

Stuart Angler, by the way, is essentially a Corsa hull, rigged with a deep-sea fishing boat topside. However, they all originated from the Martini molds.

PS: I'm the daughter and niece of the two founders.

turbo rr 01-09-2015 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Firecat (Post 4246498)
Yes and no...

The very first Martini was hand made by the founder of Martini, Corsa and Stuart Angler (a sport fishing line of boats). This first boat was literally created from scratch in his brother's backyard!

For the next few years, they [Bob and John Bower] built up Martini, with both 7 & 9 meter boats. As the company grew and a few changes were made, Martini phased

out and Corsa took it's place ... sort of like when Datsun became Nissan.

Stuart Angler, by the way, is essentially a Corsa hull, rigged with a deep-sea fishing boat topside. However, they all originated from the Martini molds.

PS: I'm the daughter and niece of the two founders.

Great info! I was always curious about the two. Welcome to the forum.:cheer:

Firecat 01-09-2015 07:49 PM

Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad I could be here.

You could say, morbid curiosity and nostalgia brought me here initially. Still, I'm glad I can be here for some of the people who still have questions.

tommymonza 01-09-2015 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Firecat (Post 4246959)
Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad I could be here.

You could say, morbid curiosity and nostalgia brought me here initially. Still, I'm glad I can be here for some of the people who still have questions.

Always cool to have someone on here that had or has a personal connection with past Offshore history on here.