Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its been on that trailer for years and it just made a 250 mile trip
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by machloosy
If you don't know anything about it, its not worth 12K. If the transom and stringers and solid and the drives/motors are good. It might be worth 10K. But the trailer really isn't even appropriate for the boat. I'd guess as she sits you'll get 5K
Really!!! i understand low balling someone but damn, if that was posted up on craigslist at 5k, in the middle of winter with 12inches of snow laying on it,the boat would be sold the minute you hit the enter button. However cause the boating year is over, $15k is a far stretch!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjingle
the parts alone are worth more then $5000.00
Barely. Clean fresh trs drives are worth maybe 3500 for the pair. Old 454s that are more than likely in need of a rebuild, maybe 1500.

Have you checked it for transom or stringer rot? Have you ran the boat to make sure all systems operate? The trailer might have made it 250 miles, but anyone who would seriously want to restore and trailer the boat, would want to upgrade to a proper trailer. You can find mint turn key mistresses with 454s and trs drives on proper trailers for mid 20s. Old boats are hard sells unless they are in well cared for condition. This doesn't look like a trailer queen that was kept high and dry its whole life.

If I you gave it to me, id probably still turn the offer down. I would have 50k in it by the time I got done restoring it myself. Id rather just buy one done already for half that.

Mechanically, its probably gonna need engine rebuilds, drive rebuilds, electricals redone, trannies gone thru. Probably 20g right there. Those engines could make 500hp, but not with those exhaust manifolds and 3" pipes. Figure on another 3-4k to get a decent exhaust.

Id say if you get 7500 as it sits, take it and run.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Registered

the motors and out drive were rebuilt last year this boat was never docked it has been on the trailer its hole life if u go to usedboathub.com and search mistress u will see the ad from the previous owner good running 454 are worth 4-5 k left side out drive worth 2500 r/s 1500 trailer 2 k and im sure the trans are worth something so u find me a running cigarette for under 12k some wont more then that just for the hule
Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered

i put it on c/l for 15k becouse everone on c/l wonts to trade i offered it here for 12k and stated i would list to all offers u have to start somewhere
Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

this the ad from the previous owner

Price : $32,500.00
Category : High Performance
Year : 1980
Type : Power
Make : Cigarette
Model : Cigarette Racing 36 Mistr
Fuel Type : GAS
SELLER DESCRIPTION
1980 CIGARETTE Cigarette Racing 36 Mistress, **** LOCATED IN PATCHOGUE, NY **** Classic Cigarette! 36 Mistress with re-built Merc 454s to 500 hp, 50hrs. New exhaust, manifold risers, Re-built TRS drives (comes with extra pair), beautiful teak interior, 68-70 mph; re-built trailer - brand new axles, new tires, new rims. Depthfinder, VHF; new AM/FM-CD w/speakers throughout; new upholestery, new batteries; new mooring cover, gorgeous teak cabin in great condition...several boat owner, make an offer
Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Unfortunately it looks like it has been quite neglected since that ad was written. These old boats just don't hold value unless they are kept in pristine condition. The motors are a crap shoot without any paperwork. I would be quite surprised if they make 500HP with that exhaust.

Is the boat bottom painted? It looks like it is, but that could just be the picture. That leads me to believe it was left in the water for extended periods. That can be pretty hard on these boats. It also appears to have been uncovered for quite some time. Moisture is a hulls worst enemy.

I think you need to spend a weekend or two giving the boat a deep clean and see where you stand.

Good luck.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

the motors were 420 stock so it wouldnt take much to push them to 500 hp yes the boat is dirty it has been sitting in a dirt parking lot for over a year if the boat was in the water for along period of time i would exspect to see alot of corrosion on the outdrives but there isnt botom line is w/ alittle work someone could be into a cigarette boat for little money and a little work not everone has 30-40 k to spend on a boat still it under $12k u can spend that much on a jetski
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjingle
the motors and out drive were rebuilt last year this boat was never docked it has been on the trailer its hole life if u go to usedboathub.com and search mistress u will see the ad from the previous owner good running 454 are worth 4-5 k left side out drive worth 2500 r/s 1500 trailer 2 k and im sure the trans are worth something so u find me a running cigarette for under 12k some wont more then that just for the hule
Motors and drives were redone last year and it thats how they look now? I couldnt get my engines that dirty nor my bilge that dirty if i tried in one year.

I find it hard to believe someone would spend the money to rebuild the engines and drives, and not touch the interior of the boat. The transom of the boat, and water line appears that the boat was left in the water, and probably uncovered.

I understand what you are saying about getting into a cigarette boat cheap. But guys who have been doing this a while, know what it takes to and what it will cost to get that boat back to respectable condition, cosmetically and mechanically.

Not trying to be a Dik, but you asked what we think its worth, and Im giving my opinion. List those motors for 5k each and see if they sell. Also, list the drives for 4k and see if they sell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.