Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
1981 Pantera 28ft on Ebay for $5999 >

1981 Pantera 28ft on Ebay for $5999

Notices

1981 Pantera 28ft on Ebay for $5999

Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone had the talent, and time to replace the stringers. transom, and various other items themselves, and had power sitting around, it would probably be worth fixing. Otherwise you would be too far upside down rather than just buying a solid one turnkey. Personally if I could get it for a $1000 no parts, no trailer, and had the time/health(back is shot) to do the recoring of the stringers/transom/dash myself, I would probably pick it up and hang twin STR 300's on a bracket and be done.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/2785332715.html Why not start with this, it would be cheaper any way you look at it.

Last edited by northernoffshore; 02-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/2785332715.html Why not start with this, it would be cheaper any way you look at it.
If ya wanted a raceboat.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will give my .02
In April 2010 it was for sale and the then owner and I came to an agreement on price and I was preparing to go pick it up week later.
I received a call from him basically telling me that he hadn't been in the cabin in a while and had just realized there was a lot of water and moisture in trapped in it for a long time and he felt bad if I would have made a 12 hour trip to come get it and the hull may have issues.
Bottom line Im glad he didn't make me waste my time and $.
It's a buyers market....there are better deals out there to be had when it's all said and done.
Now if anyone is a gambler and loves to work with fiberglass then have at it but DON'T anyone say wow I got burned...maybe it's worth it or not to someone......but not to me.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
If ya wanted a raceboat.
Rick what's up buddy.
finishing up transom this weekend and will be calling you soon for some guidance on that bracket.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera24
Rick what's up buddy.
finishing up transom this weekend and will be calling you soon for some guidance on that bracket.
Angel,

Give me a call if your gonna be working on it Sunday, Jen is out of town, maybe I'll take a ride down. I still have the template from when I mounted my bracket, I may wanna move yours up an inch or so though from mine, I mounted mine a little lower than i wish I had. Is your motor a 20" or 25" mid?

Rick
Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

I will be working on it this Saturday and Sunday.
Mine is a 25" mid.

Angel
Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,832 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Very well said.

I will give my .02
In April 2010 it was for sale and the then owner and I came to an agreement on price and I was preparing to go pick it up week later.
I received a call from him basically telling me that he hadn't been in the cabin in a while and had just realized there was a lot of water and moisture in trapped in it for a long time and he felt bad if I would have made a 12 hour trip to come get it and the hull may have issues.
Bottom line Im glad he didn't make me waste my time and $.
It's a buyers market....there are better deals out there to be had when it's all said and done.
Now if anyone is a gambler and loves to work with fiberglass then have at it but DON'T anyone say wow I got burned...maybe it's worth it or not to someone......but not to me.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
IMO, the only way it would make sense is if it went to somone w/the place and talent to do it all them selves so you could back labor out of the equation.
Agreed, on the "I got burned" comment. We'll all have to remember where this thread is just in case
I would expect on the way home from picking it up to stop at the firt dumpster you see and off load anything thats not glassed in.
Then when home, expect to fire up the saws and grinders, be in a ****ty mood for a month and stop when you have a bare hull.
Would also help if you were gluten for punishment
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Twin OB, i dont have any of that.
So fogetting about the transport back to New York, if i have to pay $150/man-hr of labor... what would it cost to get a running hull/dash/transom/stringers setup for my rigging, upholstery and drivetrain?
Or how many man/hrs to get there?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered

I will be working on it this Saturday and Sunday.
Mine is a 25" mid.

Angel

I'll give ya a call if I can make it down Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.