Notices

GLOPRA Pictures

Old 12-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
And a few more.
The mid 70's Cedar Point races where some of the best of all times. Kevin Aoki and I use to Hang out in the pits and plan our future roles of racing while Rocky would take care of business. If I had to pick between watching the high speed racing of today or high flying low budget racing of the 70's and 80's it would be hands down. You could feel the challenge and competition in the air back then. Or was that Cam2 ?
Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

A few more from the early GLOPRA days.
I grew up boating a couple docks down from powder keg magnum in mentor lagoons. I remember when all them boats rolled into town. Like a kid in a candy store.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by legend
I grew up boating a couple docks down from powder keg magnum in mentor lagoons. I remember when all them boats rolled into town. Like a kid in a candy store.
Here are a few pic's you may like.
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-o-rascel-h2o.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-o-rascal-h2o.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered

Here are a few pic's you may like.
Thanks H20. Thats like a x mas gift. Not to many of these pictures have surfaced since I started the Rascal Restore. I have the boat in front of me and the action shots only in my memory.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its too bad the GLOPRA and the Silver cup series is gone
Old 12-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

AFT R U became Bob M Signature FLASH, it then became this.
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-o-sig-aft-y-h2o.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-sig-uw%7E%7E_3.jpg  
Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

And a few more...
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-o-glopra-h2o.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-o-pacifier-h2o.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-o-rascal-3.jpg  

Old 12-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Registered

And a few more...
Every time I turned around Pacifier was pulling in on the trailer. They loved to race and some of the races they had to jar their teeth loose.
So your the keeper of the Rascal pictures!
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-raceboats.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-raceboats-005.jpg  
Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by legend
The mid 70's Cedar Point races where some of the best of all times. Kevin Aoki and I use to Hang out in the pits and plan our future roles of racing while Rocky would take care of business. If I had to pick between watching the high speed racing of today or high flying low budget racing of the 70's and 80's it would be hands down. You could feel the challenge and competition in the air back then. Or was that Cam2 ?
I was just a kid back then but I remember thinking if I can ever get a boat like that one day I would be the happiest man alive. Watching the boats in the milling area and then watching them line up to start was one of the coolest things. Even though I would only see them come back in for a few turns it was worth the wait.

If you have ever had a ride in a 27-30' boat in water like those guys raced in it proves that they were really tough guys.........long live the tough guys from the 70's & 80's!!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow thanks for posting guys - great photo's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.