Notices

GLOPRA Pictures

Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,038 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Here are some photos from my old collection. I helped do Race Patrol a few times and worked with Bruce Carter at Baja Marine. He raced with Chuck Kimberline in Pacifier.

Looks like first photo is Rascal.

Dave
Looks like Hilborn style injection in the first pic you call the Rascal, pretty cool stuff
Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Class Act XT Innovator

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
A few more photos. I even have a mint un-used GLOPRA windshield decal I want to donate to the Rascal project. If you want it send me a PM with your mailing address.

XT
Dave, I recieved the GLOPRA Sticker today. Your a Class Act. A person that would take time away from their business and family during the Holidays to send me part of the history of my restoration is a Big Asset to our sport not to mention donating your time in the day as a patrol boat. I also looked into your craftmanship and you will have my business.
Thanks Dave
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"That was a "Force 320", with 2 Mariner Magnum outboards. It ran in the "V" class in 1982-83. Was called "Magnum Force", owned by Dan Jenkins, from Huron. "

Thanks, Tension. That is the boat I was thinking of....

What ever happened to the "Copper Kettle" boat?
Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Back in 1986 we took the Motor City MAGIC Image cat to the McGarvey's Vermilion race. That was one great day winning first overall in the main race & even winning the powder puff later that day. Ironhead [Rob K] then girl friend [now wife] Cindy won driving our cat while not being able to see over the dash, I steered it from the navigator seat. I believe that was the last powder puff GLORPA ran as other teams rented Skater cats for there wives race. I heard the WILD Cat Skater spun out twice almost causing a major cluster trying to catch us. After that they retired that trophy as the speeds were becoming to fast for that fun race.
In the first pic of us running you see Cindy in the middle not tall enuff to look over the dash. Here is a pic of Cindy readying for the big race, & my old Magnum CEMICAL REACTION heading out to race with it's new crew.
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-magic-%40-ohio-1986-h2o.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-magic.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-magic-ohio.jpg  

GLOPRA Pictures-magic-cindy-ohio-h2o.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-magic-mag-ohio-1-h2o.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-magic-mag-ohio-h2o.jpg  

Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by xt-innovator
some what, but i was good friends with john & carla sauselen when john worked for baja. They raced a 28' hull with a modified 320 deck on it with twin ob's. Later it was converted to io's.

Xt
i ran with john in 84 out in ca. In a 30' v that a customer let baja enter in the golden gate to spruce goose chase ending at the queen mary in long beach. It was strickly a pleasure boat we tried to set for up for a race in 2 days. There were boats there with betty, conners, dick genth, reggie, humberto picon. All the shooters . We were winning the race and the sponcers had asked us to take some hollywood hero in the boat with us. Well the star fell down and got hurt. John wanted to throw him overboard and let the chopper pick him up. Well anyway we got going again and finished second.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Back in 1986 we took the Motor City MAGIC Image cat to the McGarvey's Vermilion race. That was one great day winning first overall in the main race & even winning the powder puff later that day. Ironhead [Rob K] then girl friend [now wife] Cindy won driving our cat while not being able to see over the dash, I steered it from the navigator seat. I believe that was the last powder puff GLORPA ran as other teams rented Skater cats for there wives race. I heard the WILD Cat Skater spun out twice almost causing a major cluster trying to catch us. After that they retired that trophy as the speeds were becoming to fast for that fun race.
In the first pic of us running you see Cindy in the middle not tall enuff to look over the dash. Here is a pic of Cindy readying for the big race, & my old Magnum CEMICAL REACTION heading out to race with it's new crew.
, where do you dig up this stuff, i had hair and a 34" waist only went up 1 size of pants but the lack of hair ... man i want to go back to the good ol days, and the trophy is in my case in the basement (the war room)
man oh man
Old 01-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead
, where do you dig up this stuff, i had hair and a 34" waist only went up 1 size of pants but the lack of hair ... man i want to go back to the good ol days, and the trophy is in my case in the basement (the war room)
man oh man
Rob if you think those pic's are scary take a look at the beer can trophy pic from the race.
Here are a few pic's of the local boats in Vermilion, I wonder were they are today ???
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-ohio-1986-mcgarveys.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-ohio-mcgarveys-2.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-ohio-mcgarveys-1.jpg  

Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rainbow Chaser is still in Chicago. 20 Years ago a friend of mine let me use it on my Honeymoon. Took it the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. Made stops in Holland, Saugautuk, Muskegon. That's it my buddy's brother driving it in the Picture. He also raced a 32 Skater with twin Johnson's called HOT back in the day.

Mark
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the pics coming!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Registered

Great pictures and great info guys. I'd Love to see more pic's of marks old magnum back in the day,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.