Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Tommy Adams Signature boats >

Tommy Adams Signature boats

Notices

Tommy Adams Signature boats

Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is pretty wild looking. His 27 came from the Magnum 27 mold, I wonder where this design came from? The strakes make it look like a Bertram. If anyone need intel on this boat its not far from me.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there any relation between that and a Bertram?? As MDM stated, it Sure looks like it..after all, the bottom of all the others came from something else.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Tommy Adams may have copied a 38 Bob Farmer Excalibur. This is a Signature but I believe Farmer had it first.
Attached Thumbnails Tommy Adams Signature boats-pegasus.jpg  

Last edited by h2oboater; 11-01-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After Tommy's case of lead poisoning the Signature Marine assets were sold and the 38 and 32 went to Excalibur in Sarasota, then when Excalibur closed Manta got a 32, Pantera built some 38's
Old 11-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

This was one of Tommys Adams 38' race boats, Bob Sheer [Mr SHEER TERROR ] raced a 38 once he said It was a heavy hull & not as fast as others in open class. But there hulls were good for importing products.
Attached Thumbnails Tommy Adams Signature boats-signature-38-76.jpg   Tommy Adams Signature boats-sig-t-adams%252038.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember finding a 38' Signature in Illinois or just across the Mississippi next door to my friends brothers house. It was completely stripped of and running gear. Drive cutouts were round couldnt figure what drives would have been used. Thinking it was blue and white. Had some pics but they are stuck on my old computer that toasted. Talked to JoPantera about it as they raced one. Called the shop and they gave me info on the handling of the boat. Had to manny projects at the time to get into it.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard that my Renegade 32 CC has some Signature history, I don't know if this is true but by way my 32 Renegade handles tha rough water it sure could be true.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
I've heard that my Renegade 32 CC has some Signature history, I don't know if this is true but by way my 32 Renegade handles tha rough water it sure could be true.
Renegade boats started with the 28' Zero Tolerance by Gheeto who had a set of 27 Signature molds that had been stretched to 28. Ghetto got into legal trouble and Renegade was born. Then Renegade got into legal trouble. I had met the founder a few months before. He was looking at the 45' Signature molds that I owned at the time.

The 32 looks like the old 31 Eagle that was built by Ralph Barca (Scorpion & Avance). The Eagle came from a 31' Phantom(Miami, not Sarasota) which came from a 30' Corsa. I got those molds when I bought the assets of Target Trailer - then lost them when we found out they had a lien by a guy in Daytona. Lost track after that.

Last edited by MidOcean; 11-02-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gbochis
After Tommy's case of lead poisoning the Signature Marine assets were sold and the 38 and 32 went to Excalibur in Sarasota, then when Excalibur closed Manta got a 32, Pantera built some 38's
That was the last time I saw the 38' Signature Molds - at Pantera. Not to be confused with the 38' Pantera(Original "El Boss") that was the old 38' Phantom and then went to Scorpion. When Randy Sosa branched off from Scorpion he took them to Condor.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by turbo2256b
I remember finding a 38' Signature in Illinois or just across the Mississippi next door to my friends brothers house. It was completely stripped of and running gear. Drive cutouts were round couldnt figure what drives would have been used. Thinking it was blue and white. Had some pics but they are stuck on my old computer that toasted. Talked to JoPantera about it as they raced one. Called the shop and they gave me info on the handling of the boat. Had to manny projects at the time to get into it.
I remember seeing a pic of that boat. It was a nice piece. Those round holes could have been OMC drives or more possibly a set of old school Stern Power Drives - the ones with the radically long bullet lower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.