Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pictures of your project?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will start loading the pics tomarrow. I have the pics when it came in, we are now stripped down of any stainless and its getting the bottom sanded right now. We are checking for blisters and any imperfections and on to sanding. The interior is torn out and in the shop right now. Motors are getting pulled tomorrow and we are checking the stringers and transom for any moisture and if its a go painting next week. I think you will be impressed with how quick and throught this project will be. I just hope that we do not have to lift the floor and transom. But if it need be done get it done.

Me and the girls are settled on Slight off white paint, black waterline, gold anadized rail (freakin' over 1500 bucks...that is on cost I did'nt see) the interior and deck will be painted the same. The hull on this boat was so clean I honest thought just wet sand but, I just want to get it into the water.

What do you think of adding a swim platform. I know its not correct but with a 7 & 8 year old it will be alot easier to get in and out of and tube with.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Get her done. And when you are ready for a 19 I know where there's a couple.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

She will be in the water within the next month.

I so cannot wait to see what you have in 19' available, that will be my next project. My husband is into the large high HP boats, I myself are into the small responsive fun to run boats.

Thanks so much,

Christine, Sarah and Emily

Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mewchat
What do you think of adding a swim platform. I know its not correct but with a 7 & 8 year old it will be alot easier to get in and out of and tube with.
Absolutely. BS on "not correct"
I think a platform is a must have. I have a little girl myself, and daughter #2 is a Yellow Lab that never gets left behind. Cant imagine tubing or anchoring up without the ease of climbing in & out.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Go for the Platform for safety sake. It will look fine. I'm looking forward to seeing it !!! keep us posted ..........
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I agree it is not correct.Be like taking a old Mercedes and putting 22 rims and tires on it.BUT some like it.So I think it is up to YOU.If you do one make it out of teak and not so wide it looks like patio.Just my 2 cents But nothing looks better than a smooth transom with a set of pipes hanging out the back. JOHN SR
Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Fenderjack,
please buy that damn Cary, we have too many boats and I will never get any help getting my Nova in the water. :-)

One thing about Herm is he never runs out of projects. When the Nova arrived the kids just thought it was the best and then he tells them we can keep the Cary, with a bath tub and kitchen and TVs and a 30 foot front sundeck. I don't think they even remember the Nova.

Acctually that sounds kind of nice, mom finally got a place that she can be alone and relax with out screaming kids....
What was I thinking of course he should finish the Cary!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by High Cetane
Absolutely. BS on "not correct"
I think a platform is a must have. I have a little girl myself, and daughter #2 is a Yellow Lab that never gets left behind. Cant imagine tubing or anchoring up without the ease of climbing in & out.
I love the look of an old offshore without a platform....however it is real tricky to climb up on the drives with wet feet. Spare yourself any problems and put one on for no other reason than your girls.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Registered

Drives?! Ain't no drives.

The tops of the rudders are good footholds for climbing in. A couple of the small Perko steps would probably make it easy even for the little ones, FWIW. And it'd save a bunch of weight back there, which doesn't hurt with the Nova.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.