Notices

What have we here?

Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What have we here?

super stumped with this. Owner says it is a Cigarette 35 cafe but the deck windscreen and cockpit are so different?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

A Mistress with a Custom Windshield? The Original Windshield was Long and Low, that one is short (length wise) and Taller, which makes everything look different/Odd
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it's off a older formula
Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Looks like it's off a older formula
+1 The curve at the top of the side glass "screams" Formula to me....but only in the second picture. The first picture in the water looks completely different.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

Two Different Windsheilds ? Seems to be
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Registered

yepp 2 different windshields. first one was pre restoration and smaller one was post restoration definetly not a formula just a design quirk he liked.
The boat was named slingshot and was spoken about in the Peter Dean" thread. it was since restored and owner added HEAPS of weight with amenities like head and water tank etc. and 496's shame to see him blunt the boat so much but I still hit the ceiling when I see it as its the only cig that exists in my neck of the woods!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

the owner learned his lesson though after he added all the weight in the nose he plowed into a container ship wake and the weight (combined with wrong trim ?) stopped the boat from taking its natural stern down position into the air and she nosedived resulting in a windshield blowout and the owner breaking his nose an ambulance was called to the dock as soon as he got back poor guy.
wasnt the boats fault though. I know its only a a common 35 cig to you but sh!t I just love these things!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I thought the windshield was a bit farther back on a mistress..? And agreed with everyone else, the second pic definitely has a formula profile to it(except the front glass is a solid piece). But in the water, that windshield looks a lot like the older wellcraft nova's...

Whatever it is, lots of custom and I hope the owner likes it. Always hard to get your money out of big custom jobs.