Notices

Keith Hazell jr.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keith Hazell jr.

I came across this site and thought how lucky I am to still have people remember my dad in such fond ways. I think about him everyday and tell stories to my son Keith. I came across a few pics and brought back so any memories. If anyone on this site can respond with a great memory of my dad Keith Hazell jr. Please please do. I will be so grateful to share with my family.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi there, I would really like to learn more. I never knew Keith personally, however I have heard many stories about him through great friends. If you have photos and stories to share, that would be great to read and view. I really like to learn about the history of offshore when it took real guts to turn wrenches and win races.

Christian
Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember watching him run the Cougar Cat that's was Eddie Trottas Rampage,Then Surgin, in Cape Coral. He had such a lead on all the other boats that he stopped, Jumped in the water and changed a broken prop and still went on to win. I know he was a very meticulous perfectionist. I think you'll here a lot more of the same. I'd be shocked to hear anything bad. Get ahold of TeamSaris on this forum, His dad worked for Keith at Harbor1..
Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. My mom and sisters still visit lake George and see them. I remember hearing about my dad jumping in and fixing the props to still win the race. He really was a great one of a kind guy! I am the youngest of the 3 daughters so he died when I was just 17. I still have a few of his trophys. My mom donated many of them to different things throughout the years. I still get a rush every time I'm in a boat. I just can't get it to go fast enough. I think I must have a lot of his drive in me.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

I knew your Dad well.
He is a true legend in the world off offshore racing & in the boating industry.
He is second to none as a friend, and has helped me out personally quite a bit
As far as great stories about him there isn't enough time in the day.
Say hi to your mom for me

Steve Berk
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Hi Erika,
nice seeing you last week!
Jason and Johnny
Old 06-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

Keith was one of the good guys. He was very good at what he did in rigging and he was even better on the throttles. The very famous Cigarette Top Gun, waited more than a year after it's introduction, before it achieved it's first victory......your dad was on the throttles.

Good memories thinking of him.

Say hello to Marilyn for me. Tell her I am living on a ranch in Montana most of the year and Florida when it gets really cold out here. A bunch of us tried to get the real open ocean racnig going again, but times have changed and it is time for the old guys to go quietly into the background. The older we get the faster we were.

Charlie McCarthy
Old 06-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

Hi Erika,
Your Dad was my boss at Holman Moody. I would go by and see him at Harbor One, and I went to a very sad funeral. He was the life of any party, especially one at your house one night. He was one of the best I ever worked for, the other being Bobby Rautbord after Holman Moody. I also worked with your Grand Dad, Keith Sr. on the Bertram race boat. Lots of stories to tell about those times. We sure had our share of laughs working there. You can be Very proud of a real man. Tell your mom Butch and Treasure said Hi.

Butch Stokes

Last edited by lilabner; 06-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Registered

You saw my sister Kerrin!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Please post a picture of your Father. I spent lots of time at Harbor !. My friends the Breuil's (Jim, Tim and Tray)owned it. I met Kieth many times at Rum Runners and in the yard. Great guy. Another great gone.Getting lonely at the top these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.