im looking for a magnum marine 27 cc

Notices

im looking for a magnum marine 27 cc

Old 07-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM
It was this one.
i love that boat, i got a woody when i saw it, and was gonna jump on it, only to find out it recently sold.... dayum
Old 07-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
This red & white Mag CC was a Florida boat originally then it came to Michigan for about 10 years, it was last seen back in the Florida Key's for sale. The purple CC on the Clinton River was @ the old school reunion, I believe it was one of the Canadian CC Mags that were built. The pic's here are of a Canadian CC Mag that was for sale a few years ago.
sweet boat, any idea if the owner would consider selling it? i would also jump on a donzi pescadora, but i know they are even rarer than the magnums... thx, guys... please keep an eye ball out for me...rm
Old 07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might be able to talk Mr Bill into selling his El Pescador...........

Jeff
Old 07-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
You might be able to talk Mr Bill into selling his El Pescador...........

Jeff
Here is Mr Bill's Donzi El Pescador. Jeff I don't think Jan will let him sell it.
Attached Thumbnails im looking for a magnum marine 27 cc-cd-boat-197.jpg   im looking for a magnum marine 27 cc-donzi-162-h2o.jpg  
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

How big is the Pescador and was it always designed w/twins from Donzi? ....... really cool looking CC - wonder how it would stack up to
to a Mag 27 CC with similar power?....... I know the Donzi era preceeded Magnum, would that mean the El P had it's debut before the
27 Mag ?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----The El Pescador could have been ordered so many different ways that it almost boggles the mind. Mine (pictured above) came delivered with two "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder Mercruisers and early Merc drives but didnt stay that way when I got it! It ran about 40 with that combo. Theres a yellow one down on Lake Erie with a single small block Volvo combo. Theres another somewhere up around here with twin Volvo sixes and Volvo drives thats not presently water ready. The first El P probably hit the water sometime in late 72 early 73. I believe the plant manager, Roy Farmer, probably grabbed that one.
----Mine runs about 55 with standard 350/250 Alpha combos and the drives tucked. Then you hit the trim and it pickes up about 8 or 9 mph. It will handle the rough really well, thanks to the Harry Schoell hull design but might not match a 27 sport. Hope this helps.........Bill S
Old 07-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
any idea how to contact the owner and ask if he might want to sell it? thx, rm
I saw that one for sale 2 weeks ago on my last cruise down the Clinton River. It just has a for sale sign and phone number on it. Need someone from the area to cruise up the river and get the number. I wish I could do it for you but I moved to VA and no longer live on the Clinton River.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
I saw that one for sale 2 weeks ago on my last cruise down the Clinton River. It just has a for sale sign and phone number on it. Need someone from the area to cruise up the river and get the number. I wish I could do it for you but I moved to VA and no longer live on the Clinton River.
It may show up @ next Saturdays old school reunion, if it does I will get the number.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by olredalert
----The El Pescador could have been ordered so many different ways that it almost boggles the mind. Mine (pictured above) came delivered with two "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder Mercruisers and early Merc drives but didnt stay that way when I got it! It ran about 40 with that combo. Theres a yellow one down on Lake Erie with a single small block Volvo combo. Theres another somewhere up around here with twin Volvo sixes and Volvo drives thats not presently water ready. The first El P probably hit the water sometime in late 72 early 73. I believe the plant manager, Roy Farmer, probably grabbed that one.
----Mine runs about 55 with standard 350/250 Alpha combos and the drives tucked. Then you hit the trim and it pickes up about 8 or 9 mph. It will handle the rough really well, thanks to the Harry Schoell hull design but might not match a 27 sport. Hope this helps.........Bill S
Thanks Bill,
Didn't know it could be ordered with such a varied power setup ( single or twins) fron Donzi ........Your El P looks to be in wonderful shape (love the darker hulls w/red boot
stripe combo) ..........what's the lenght of the El P?.................how many were produced? ..........I hear they are rare........lucky you!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

-----Thanks! The El Pescadors built from 72 to 76 or so were all 24ft. There is a much later El P that has absolutely nothing to do with the early model thats 25ft. There were approximately 20 to 25 El Ps built by Donzi. The molds were sold off and Im not sure if the purchasers ever built an El P, but they did build a few Spitfires which used the El P hull.........Bill S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.