Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   im looking for a magnum marine 27 cc (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/299639-im-looking-magnum-marine-27-cc.html)

ratman 07-11-2013 08:24 PM

im looking for a magnum marine 27 cc

hi guys, im looking for a clean 27 magnum marine 27 cc boat, anyone know of one that might be for sale? thx, rm

throttleman 07-11-2013 09:39 PM

what model are you looking for ?

mic light is still looking good !

hallj 07-11-2013 09:52 PM

There was a red on on lake st Clair last summer.
I want to say it had twin 300 mercs.

H20 boater would know all about it as usual.
I'll bet he even has a picture.

Jeff

justbassing 07-12-2013 05:34 AM

No he's probably working on buying it to add to his fleet....lol

topprop 07-12-2013 06:07 AM

There is a purple one on a lift on the clinton river. Again I don't know if it's for sale but I don't think it goes out much so maybe it could be had......again H2O would know what it's all about.

MDonziM 07-12-2013 07:19 AM

If you mean center console, they are quite rare. The red one mentioned was in south fl I think after spending much of its life in the Midwest. I think I saw it on boatrader not long ago listed in the keys. Good luck.

MDonziM 07-12-2013 07:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It was this one.

h2oboater 07-12-2013 08:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MDonziM (Post 3957656)
It was this one.

This red & white Mag CC was a Florida boat originally then it came to Michigan for about 10 years, it was last seen back in the Florida Key's for sale. The purple CC on the Clinton River was @ the old school reunion, I believe it was one of the Canadian CC Mags that were built. The pic's here are of a Canadian CC Mag that was for sale a few years ago.

ratman 07-12-2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by throttleman (Post 3957521)
what model are you looking for ?

mic light is still looking good !

i know, i worked my tail off on that puppy, but when both of the cranks i bought at an unnamed marine dealer in miami came unglued on the dyno and i was looking at another 20k on top of the 75k or so i put into building the engines i said F it... costa rice was calling my name....

ratman 07-12-2013 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by topprop (Post 3957627)
There is a purple one on a lift on the clinton river. Again I don't know if it's for sale but I don't think it goes out much so maybe it could be had......again H2O would know what it's all about.

any idea how to contact the owner and ask if he might want to sell it? thx, rm

ratman 07-12-2013 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by MDonziM (Post 3957656)
It was this one.

i love that boat, i got a woody when i saw it, and was gonna jump on it, only to find out it recently sold.... dayum

ratman 07-12-2013 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 3957691)
This red & white Mag CC was a Florida boat originally then it came to Michigan for about 10 years, it was last seen back in the Florida Key's for sale. The purple CC on the Clinton River was @ the old school reunion, I believe it was one of the Canadian CC Mags that were built. The pic's here are of a Canadian CC Mag that was for sale a few years ago.

sweet boat, any idea if the owner would consider selling it? i would also jump on a donzi pescadora, but i know they are even rarer than the magnums... thx, guys... please keep an eye ball out for me...rm

hallj 07-13-2013 04:38 PM

You might be able to talk Mr Bill into selling his El Pescador...........

Jeff

h2oboater 07-13-2013 08:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hallj (Post 3958234)
You might be able to talk Mr Bill into selling his El Pescador...........

Jeff

Here is Mr Bill's Donzi El Pescador. Jeff I don't think Jan will let him sell it. :party-smiley-004:

scippy 07-13-2013 11:09 PM

How big is the Pescador and was it always designed w/twins from Donzi? ....... really cool looking CC - wonder how it would stack up to
to a Mag 27 CC with similar power?....... I know the Donzi era preceeded Magnum, would that mean the El P had it's debut before the
27 Mag ?

olredalert 07-14-2013 08:06 AM

----The El Pescador could have been ordered so many different ways that it almost boggles the mind. Mine (pictured above) came delivered with two "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder Mercruisers and early Merc drives but didnt stay that way when I got it! It ran about 40 with that combo. Theres a yellow one down on Lake Erie with a single small block Volvo combo. Theres another somewhere up around here with twin Volvo sixes and Volvo drives thats not presently water ready. The first El P probably hit the water sometime in late 72 early 73. I believe the plant manager, Roy Farmer, probably grabbed that one.
----Mine runs about 55 with standard 350/250 Alpha combos and the drives tucked. Then you hit the trim and it pickes up about 8 or 9 mph. It will handle the rough really well, thanks to the Harry Schoell hull design but might not match a 27 sport. Hope this helps.........Bill S

Sunrocket24 07-14-2013 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ratman (Post 3957997)
any idea how to contact the owner and ask if he might want to sell it? thx, rm

I saw that one for sale 2 weeks ago on my last cruise down the Clinton River. It just has a for sale sign and phone number on it. Need someone from the area to cruise up the river and get the number. I wish I could do it for you but I moved to VA and no longer live on the Clinton River.

h2oboater 07-14-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24 (Post 3958424)
I saw that one for sale 2 weeks ago on my last cruise down the Clinton River. It just has a for sale sign and phone number on it. Need someone from the area to cruise up the river and get the number. I wish I could do it for you but I moved to VA and no longer live on the Clinton River.

It may show up @ next Saturdays old school reunion, if it does I will get the number.

scippy 07-14-2013 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 3958414)
----The El Pescador could have been ordered so many different ways that it almost boggles the mind. Mine (pictured above) came delivered with two "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder Mercruisers and early Merc drives but didnt stay that way when I got it! It ran about 40 with that combo. Theres a yellow one down on Lake Erie with a single small block Volvo combo. Theres another somewhere up around here with twin Volvo sixes and Volvo drives thats not presently water ready. The first El P probably hit the water sometime in late 72 early 73. I believe the plant manager, Roy Farmer, probably grabbed that one.
----Mine runs about 55 with standard 350/250 Alpha combos and the drives tucked. Then you hit the trim and it pickes up about 8 or 9 mph. It will handle the rough really well, thanks to the Harry Schoell hull design but might not match a 27 sport. Hope this helps.........Bill S

Thanks Bill,
Didn't know it could be ordered with such a varied power setup ( single or twins) fron Donzi ........Your El P looks to be in wonderful shape (love the darker hulls w/red boot
stripe combo) ..........what's the lenght of the El P?.................how many were produced? ..........I hear they are rare........lucky you!

olredalert 07-15-2013 08:00 AM

-----Thanks! The El Pescadors built from 72 to 76 or so were all 24ft. There is a much later El P that has absolutely nothing to do with the early model thats 25ft. There were approximately 20 to 25 El Ps built by Donzi. The molds were sold off and Im not sure if the purchasers ever built an El P, but they did build a few Spitfires which used the El P hull.........Bill S

h2oboater 07-15-2013 09:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by scippy (Post 3958697)
Thanks Bill,
Didn't know it could be ordered with such a varied power setup ( single or twins) fron Donzi ........Your El P looks to be in wonderful shape (love the darker hulls w/red boot
stripe combo) ..........what's the lenght of the El P?.................how many were produced? ..........I hear they are rare........lucky you!

The El Pescador shared the same hull as the Donzi Doral, Spirit, & Spitfire, all made by Donzi just the decks & gas tank placement were different. I have this yellow Doral model, because the deck & fuel tank placement I like the ride of Bills El Pescador much better than my Doral.. Later Sonic boats made boats from the Spitfire molds.

ratman 08-09-2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 3958309)
Here is Mr Bill's Donzi El Pescador. Jeff I don't think Jan will let him sell it. :party-smiley-004:

that thing is beautiful....

h2oboater 08-09-2013 09:49 PM

This one is on ebay again for less, 19k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Magnum-...wer_Motorboats

ratman 08-25-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 3974265)
This one is on ebay again for less, 19k.

i offered him 16k he wouldn't take it. i really dont like that deck set up. it has the mini cabin too, which io want a full cc open. also the 86omc engines are worthless! if i dont find a magnum in the next few days im probably buying a clean 84 scarab cc with 94 evinrude 225s with 380 hours em then for 15k...

i would glady pay up to 25k for a nice magnum with newer engines and full open cc layout...rm

h2oboater 08-26-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by ratman (Post 3983152)
i offered him 16k he wouldn't take it. i really dont like that deck set up. it has the mini cabin too, which io want a full cc open. also the 86omc engines are worthless! if i dont find a magnum in the next few days im probably buying a clean 84 scarab cc with 94 evinrude 225s with 380 hours em then for 15k...

i would glady pay up to 25k for a nice magnum with newer engines and full open cc layout...rm

He dropped it down to 18k now. The OMC engines are a drawback.

ratman 08-26-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 3983300)
He dropped it down to 18k now. The OMC engines are a drawback.

here are the three boats im looking at right now...

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bod/4016985930.html

the scarab is clean but some bozo re did the floor and im told it is solid but looks like **** im waiting on pics of the floor repair....

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/4012808265.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o53058-en.html

i got the guy with the sonic down to 7500 bucks... i found a pair of yamaha 250s i am trying to buy to stick on it and sell the single merc 225 on it.

i offered 8500 on the seahawk, i waiting for his reply. which do you like best?

mr vinyl 08-27-2013 10:17 AM

Yes ,but nothing will ride like a Magnum, know of a hull in Ohio that might be a possibility. Let me know. Bud

ratman 08-27-2013 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by mr vinyl (Post 3984021)
Yes ,but nothing will ride like a Magnum, know of a hull in Ohio that might be a possibility. Let me know. Bud

im very interested but need to move fast on it, can you get me pics info and price asap? im going to buy the sonic tomorrow night or thursday at the latest, i can stall a little but dont want to miss the deal.... but would much prefer a magnum if it is priced reasonable and doesn't have a rotted transom or stringers... please let me know, thx a million, mr

mr vinyl 08-27-2013 07:29 PM

Need you regular e-mail so I can send info. on the Magnum in Lake Erie.Bud

butch ryan 08-27-2013 08:28 PM

Mark, how do i get in touch with the guy that owns the mag cc

ratman 08-29-2013 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by butch ryan (Post 3984427)
Mark, how do i get in touch with the guy that owns the mag cc

hey no thread hijacking!... i started this thread in my search for a 27 magnum cc. at least let me get first right of refusal...thx, rm