Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
looking for a friends 28 magnum with twins.. WHITLEY RACING.. raced apba circuit >

looking for a friends 28 magnum with twins.. WHITLEY RACING.. raced apba circuit

Notices

looking for a friends 28 magnum with twins.. WHITLEY RACING.. raced apba circuit

Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Know of a Magnum at Tangelwood Marina in St Charles IL that the bulk heads are really beefed up...check it out on their web-site. It is called Crazy Rhythm. Bud
Crazy Rhythm is a 28 Challenger not a 27 Mag. Red Crane who raced it said it was the best 28 hull he ever raced.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOT E=topprop;3965964]Crazy Rhythm is a 28 Challenger not a 27 Mag. Red Crane who raced it said it was the best 28 hull he ever raced.[/QUOTE]

Joe Crazy Rhythm was a Magnum Maltese first, here it is.
Attached Thumbnails looking for a friends 28 magnum with twins.. WHITLEY RACING.. raced apba circuit-mag-c-r.jpg  
Old 05-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious if the Dictator previously mentioned is related to my grandfathers boat of the same era "Dictator", his name is Walt Pride. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of info about it, but my dad remembers it being a "28ft donzi magnum" (my grandfather had many offshore boats through the years from the stories I have been told). It looks a lot like a Maltese or Sport to me.

My grandfather used to race in the South Florida area for sure (I probably heard about the Miami-Bimini races a thousand times), but I'm not sure if he traveled for other races (it was more of a hobby from my understanding). My dad doesn't remember what happened to the Dictator :/ There is something written on the back of this photo, I'll see if I can take a picture of that as well

(I couldn't figure out how to attach files, so I just used photobucket)
Old 05-20-2016, 04:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one picture of this boat.
Bob Sheer may know more about it. Cadillac has one in his boat yard. It may be this one.
It is in fact a Walt Walters designed 28' Donzi with a lower profile race deck. A hand full of them were made this way.
I'll get the picture posted in the next couple of days.

Jeff
Old 05-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hallj
I have one picture of this boat.
Bob Sheer may know more about it. Cadillac has one in his boat yard. It may be this one.
It is in fact a Walt Walters designed 28' Donzi with a lower profile race deck. A hand full of them were made this way.
I'll get the picture posted in the next couple of days.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, that really helped me in my research. I came across a boat that may be the one you are referring to, does Cadillac live in the Stuart, FL area?

http://www.ynotyachts.com/Brokerage.magnum.donzi28.htm
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/31769

I called the brokerage that currently has it listed, and they are going to get in touch with the current owner to see if he would be interested in talking to my father and I. They believe this boat was previously raced by Johnny Bakos, and I found a really interesting thread that has a picture of the Bakos Donzi Magnum. It looks VERY similar to my grandfathers and this boat.
http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/sh...l=1#post411642

PS. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread

Last edited by pridekit; 05-27-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 AM
Registered

Quoted the last few posts into a new thread so I don't hijack this one any more

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...king-info.html