Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
i ended up buying the 89 32ft manta cc >

i ended up buying the 89 32ft manta cc

Notices

i ended up buying the 89 32ft manta cc

Old 09-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Is a 28 out of the question??? There was a thread where someone was looking for a 21 skater and is also offering up a 28' Pantera race hull ( triple OB - no power or rigging). I don't know anything about the fellow posting or the boat - just remember the thread....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...bare-hull.html

might not be as fast as a 24' (then again, heavy old 24 layup vs. "race" 28????) but would handle better in bigger water when you go for a banzai run in the rough
Old 09-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BRP are Evinrude..... Great choice with Manta
Old 09-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Is a 28 out of the question??? There was a thread where someone was looking for a 21 skater and is also offering up a 28' Pantera race hull ( triple OB - no power or rigging). I don't know anything about the fellow posting or the boat - just remember the thread....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...bare-hull.html

might not be as fast as a 24' (then again, heavy old 24 layup vs. "race" 28????) but would handle better in bigger water when you go for a banzai run in the rough
i need a cc layout, to carry people and supplies. but thx for the heads up, rm
Old 09-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
BRP are Evinrude..... Great choice with Manta
i have a pair of 99 200 evinrudes with 150 hours and a pair of 89 300s one with 150 hrs the other with a 6 hr power head. i think i will have to buy any replacement parts in the states.

my best bet here in colombia is a pair of 4t yamahas or suzukis with an extended warranty if i go new.

do they make a cable for laptops to diagnose engine problems on the verados? any inherent problems with the verado 275s or 300s i should be aware of? with gas at the gas stations here being 5 bucks a gallon i want to go 4stroke asap...thx, rm
Old 09-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
man i looked at every boat on boat trader, craigs list, and ebay for the better part of a month. i know the engines are older, but they are in good shape one with a new power head. the owner bent over back wards helping me get it ready to ship, removing the electronic to ups to me, removing the hard top and mounting it on the front of the trailer. im 3k miles away. he even got a dude to tow it to the port of baltimore for shipping it here to colombia...
Just looking out for you man. I'm not a big fan of the v-8 300's. That is the 32 Signature hull. There was a great 32 Manta named "Loran Bandit."
Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Just looking out for you man. I'm not a big fan of the v-8 300's. That is the 32 Signature hull. There was a great 32 Manta named "Loran Bandit."
why dont you like the 300 v8s, i hear they are over rated hp wise. they are a carbed engine too.... i think the boat needs 600 ponies to make it a fun ride! i knew going in i would put 4ts on it, when i could afford to do so... i saw very few boats in my price range with 4t engines.

once we get the doors open on the hotel im building, i can get crazy on the boat stuff, i see a pair of 300 4ts for the manta and a 38 to 41 footer with diesels and arnesons...rm