Notices

Bertram 28' Baron Comes Home

Old 12-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Hello Mark ,

I also have a bunch of old 35 mm slides from the 70s racing times , I need to get a scanner and start scanning them
once scanned , I would be happy to donate them to the Library
I also have a complete set of Bekin's off shore calendars from the 70s and 80s
still in the original Bekins boxes.

thank you
Jim
Very cool Jim the time is now to save them. , I have been converting my VHS tapes to disk before they deteriorate also.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ill donate the steel for the offshore repository, with all the stuff that mark has thell need to be a wing added onto the estate, the wood in the atic will crack under the load. This will be like the dossin musiem in detroit, well need some interactive displays a snack bar, some meeting rooms for catered affairs, and a board of govners
Old 12-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Since the renters have fled, ideas have been swirling around in the Ghouls head.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well that means hes looking for the camo hat the red glasses the baggy rental pants with the belt thats too long and the beard is fillin in ans BAM the GHOUL is back in da house. gotta be careful the pluming is fragile in the rental house last time me and the mentor tried to snake it out the snake is still in the pipe
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ironhead
well that means hes looking for the camo hat the red glasses the baggy rental pants with the belt thats too long and the beard is fillin in ans BAM the GHOUL is back in da house. gotta be careful the pluming is fragile in the rental house last time me and the mentor tried to snake it out the snake is still in the pipe
Snakes in the sewer pipe would make a better movie than snakes in the plane, just need to see if Samuel L. Jackson is available for the remake.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

In the scale of things (back then) what were the production numbers of the bertram 28' compared to the 27' mag sport?
Were the lamination schedules any different?.....................and what year is the "Moth"?
Old 12-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by scippy
In the scale of things (back then) what were the production numbers of the bertram 28' compared to the 27' mag sport?
Were the lamination schedules any different?.....................and what year is the "Moth"?
Pete the Super Moth is titled as a 1973, but there are no transom ID numbers. My thought is it may be a 1971 or 72 hull not sold till 1973. I think back then manufactures could get away with that, I know Mr Klem did. I had a 1973 Cheetah 24' offshore I bought from him & it was titled as a 1974. Production numbers for the Bertram Barons are vague at best but I heard less than 50 boats were built. I believe Magnums out sold them many times over. Mark
Old 12-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Pete the Super Moth is titled as a 1973, but there are no transom ID numbers. My thought is it may be a 1971 or 72 hull not sold till 1973. I think back then manufactures could get away with that, I know Mr Klem did. I had a 1973 Cheetah 24' offshore I bought from him & it was titled as a 1974. Production numbers for the Bertram Barons are vague at best but I heard less than 50 boats were built. I believe Magnums out sold them many times over. Mark
I was told Bertram built about 10 28 foot Barons and the years 1969 thur 1973 but I've been wrong before lol
Im planning on calling Bertram and seeing what kind of info i can get out of them about my Dads ol Moth

Chip
Old 12-17-2013, 03:49 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sure more than 10 were built - there were at least 5 at Stone Harbor Marina in south Jersey back in the day - also a few in New York - plus any in the midwest - I heard that over 40 were built specially for the Israel Navy , fitted with a Machine gun near the bow - they were Slime green in color - I was at the factory once when they were being built !

Sammy James would have the numbers - if some one knows how to contact him - thats where the knowledge it !

Phil
Old 12-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil M
I am sure more than 10 were built - there were at least 5 at Stone Harbor Marina in south Jersey back in the day - also a few in New York - plus any in the midwest - I heard that over 40 were built specially for the Israel Navy , fitted with a Machine gun near the bow - they were Slime green in color - I was at the factory once when they were being built !

Sammy James would have the numbers - if some one knows how to contact him - thats where the knowledge it !

Phil
Thanks Phil !

I called the Bertram Factory yesterday and talked to a young guy named Kyle who seemed anxious to help..going to email him tomorrow with my hull id and he's checking in to the history of the ol Barons for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.