Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Books out there...about period Offshore racing? >

Books out there...about period Offshore racing?

Notices

Books out there...about period Offshore racing?

Old 11-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Books out there...about period Offshore racing?

Apart from the excellent John Crouse book,what else is available?
Old 11-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Registered

Dowes to Deltas has some interesting stuff but its not like Searace.

Don Aronow. The King of Thunderboat Row.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Registered

Yep got that,not much out there,which is a shame.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Keep lobbying Brownie to write a book. More in that head then all the offshore books combined. Shooting out Aronows shop lights. Watching Don go down in the woods with a stuck throttle after swamping one of Brownies just finished Donzies. Hours of entertainment.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Blue Water Warriors

Jeff
Old 11-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
Blue Water Warriors

Jeff
Jeff

I could not find a publisher so I published it myself through Shutterfly. The problem is the cost was over $100 per book. So to make the value I sold the book and threw in a couple of offshore racing DVD's to go with the book.

If anyone knows of a small publisher that might take it on, I am all set to go. Blue Water Warriors was covering the period from 1970 to 1980. I planned to do a book for each decade, but that is as far as I got.

HORBA has so many original photos that are crying to be seen. Does anyone remember back in the 70's the boat that showed up for the New Jersey race that had some new ideas. It had steps and it tried to reduce the weight factor by building the hull and deck out of paper mache.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Jeff

I could not find a publisher so I published it myself through Shutterfly. The problem is the cost was over $100 per book. So to make the value I sold the book and threw in a couple of offshore racing DVD's to go with the book.

If anyone knows of a small publisher that might take it on, I am all set to go. Blue Water Warriors was covering the period from 1970 to 1980. I planned to do a book for each decade, but that is as far as I got.

HORBA has so many original photos that are crying to be seen. Does anyone remember back in the 70's the boat that showed up for the New Jersey race that had some new ideas. It had steps and it tried to reduce the weight factor by building the hull and deck out of paper mache.
Paper Doll !

H20boater and I went to visit a fellow Firehawk racer who recently bought a house in Naples.
Can you guess who it is?

Jeff
Old 11-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

HORBA has so many original photos that are crying to be seen.
Sad that Horba hasten been updated for years. There is so many raceboats out there.
I even bought a website Raceboat.info (.com, .net, .org all got bought up in like a week while I was making up my mind) thinking I would start a database and for sale /trader section. Couldn't get anyone interested (sellers, owners). I know people want to buy these boats. I guess folks would rather let them rot away.
When I was a kid watching races on the river and bay I'm sure I and a lot of others wished we had one of those race boats. Lucky enough I found someone who actually had one local a few years back and he was willing to sell. It was just dumb luck I found it because you would have never found it on eBay or craigs list. It would have been nice to just go to a site that appreciates the boat as well as it's history but.....
Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Registered

Any left ..for purchase?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered

Jeff

How many would be required to do another run? There would probably be some interest here in the UK and Rob in Aus sounds like he may want one. I knwo Jeff in the US wants one and we all have friends to talk to.........

How many did you print up last time and how long did they take to sell? There's always people on the historic section of OSO, so there must be some kind of market for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.