http://www.ebay.com/itm/39-DON-ARONO...wer_Motorboats
Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Type "F" is good for trans fluid.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

generally, for switches, you can pull one out of the dash and google the numbers on it to find the manufacturer-dist for them.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ahlenius
Does any one know where a parts boat might be? Im looking for electrical switches etc to keep mine original. Thanks. 1990 Aronow Cat.Twin HTG 900hp 540 ci bulldogs, Whipple chargers. Huber 1450,s connected to SSM's gen3s not super fast but a fun party barge! I bought the boat last winter and have been super busy with work! So the restore to cosmetics and cockpit start this winter. Her new home is Texas,I pulled her down from Buffalo NY last winter with my Ram 2500 very heavy!m One of our members in Buffalo helped me with whole process..Thanks Tom!! Bodacious spent most of her life in Las Vegas owned by a Doctor (the for sale ad is still on the internet) then moved to Buffalo where she was re powered by Hot To Go Racing. Rob Schooping is an amazing engine builder!! So if anyone can help me out to keep this heavy old girls cockpit original it would be much appreciated! I do not know how to post Photos as i am a basic member any help & advise on this resto is welcome Thanks!
i know your boat very well, it's a cool piece. good luck with it but i highly urge you to open your motors up!!! i went through the motor building process with this man (ROB) way too many times (5 times) 10 motors. kept giving him the benefit and kept getting it right up the ol pooper. he was so convincing that i truly believed him every time he had and excuse and said he was going to make good on them. as my boat sat there for months at a time in the middle of the summer and he never touched it i would end up pulling the motors myself with a friend and giving rob the long blocks and he still couldn't get things moving. (lost 2 summers) i could tell you stories for days but i will spare you the saga. i will say that when i gave him a hand full of cash and he said i needed stud girdles and top of the line rhoads lifters i got nothing of the sort when i went to pick up my motor next spring and i was like wtf, he said i didn't need them. lol i also got my credit card charged without my approval along with 7 of my other friends that were doing business with ROB. one of the cards was hit with a 12k charge and the gentleman that owned the card let him pay it back over the course of 6-8 months. there is a lot more to this story but the bottom line here is the fact that his shop HTG is now a pizzeria. i know someone will chime in a say that there are two sides to every story but that dose not apply here. i will be happy to post pictures of the parts that did not belong in my motors and the used welded oil pump, three different kinds of head bolts (all used) etc etc etc TEAR THEM DOWN
Old 01-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

i would definitely pull those motors out and tear them down. that boat had major cooling issues that never got straightened out when it was at HTG. it melted some motors while it was here. as for Cig92's motors i was the poor bastard that pulled the motors an ungodly amount of times. 90% of the motors built barely made it 15 min. here are a couple pics. after thousands of dollars and no lube we changed builders and the boat has never run better. [ATTACH=CONFIG]515638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]515639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]515640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]515641[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]515642[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)-107.jpg   1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)-108.jpg   1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)-109.jpg  

1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)-110.jpg   1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)-111.jpg  
Old 01-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's just the tip of it!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Welfare got that and have some on the way!!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Registered

Ouch!!! Thats exactly why i did not run the boat! Ok I understand you feel that you were dealt a bad hand and it sucks! The fellow i bought the boat from bought all the parts himself and Rob put it together. and i know at considerable cost. I was advised of the problems and Rob told me how it needed to be fixed. I need to reserve judgement on the guy as he did go out of his way to let me see the engines run in sub zero temps in feb, and they sounded good. He did get the parts to me to redo the cooling system eventually. So with that said going forward i would greatly accept any ideas on how to revamp the cooling system that incorporated the pickups from the old TRS drives for naturally aspirated engines to the now super charged ones Thanks for the heads up i will proceed with caution!!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Registered

Also 88bullet please let me know what motors were melted the original ones? And exactly how badly was the new right(starboard) engine overheated? and how was it fixed?I can tell you that engines cooling system seawater valve(starboard) was seized half way closed. The owner was not so mechanically inclined but i would like to hear what you know its important thanks if need be E-mail or PM thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
i would definitely pull those motors out and tear them down. That boat had major cooling issues that never got straightened out when it was at htg. It melted some motors while it was here. As for cig92's motors i was the poor bastard that pulled the motors an ungodly amount of times. 90% of the motors built barely made it 15 min. Here are a couple pics. After thousands of dollars and no lube we changed builders and the boat has never run better. [attach=config]515638[/attach][attach=config]515639[/attach][attach=config]515640[/attach][attach=config]515641[/attach][attach=config]515642[/attach]
i don't think it's supposed to look like that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.