Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Scorpion powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/321983-scorpion-powerboats.html)

kmusto322 01-12-2015 06:03 PM

Scorpion powerboats

So who on here owns a scorpion 24,32 or 38 the only one I've ever seen in person is the one my father owns.... How many are still around? and some pics if you guys have them!!!!

xxxxxxx1 01-12-2015 07:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kmusto322 (Post 4248505)
So who on here owns a scorpion 24,32 or 38 the only one I've ever seen in person is the one my father owns.... How many are still around? and some pics if you guys have them!!!!

Hi, not many around. I was given the actual production numbers a few days ago but I want to verify again to be sure and accurate with my response. I have a Scorpion 38 Competition. It is Supercharged with 525 Mercury Racing motors and SSM #4 Drives. Scorpion makes very tough boats that are an absolute thrill to operate! ! I had the pleasure of talking with Julio (the original boat builder of Scorpion ) over the Christmas holiday and he said he named the company Scorpion because of his daughter Astrological sign.! ..pretty cool ![ATTACH=CONFIG]535628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535631[/ATTACH]

BUP 01-12-2015 07:32 PM

Very nice. Just asking did Active Thunder 32 start out basically from a 32 Scorpion. I thought I remembered hearing that many years ago and just never paid any attention about it. .

Also the last owner of Scorpion powerboats was Tommy Adams - correct / I know there was a story about his death or something. What happened.

kmusto322 01-12-2015 07:36 PM

They are one hell of a rough water boat.... I would like to get my hands on a 24 sooner or later

kmusto322 01-12-2015 07:41 PM

Xxxxxxx1 if I were to get ahold of Julio do you think he could give me some history on my boat?

SkaterMike82 01-12-2015 10:01 PM

Scorpion is one hell of a boat and amazing but amazing boat in the rough. Besides being a rough water boat, it's really fast for it's day and straight bottom. That is true in regards to him naming the company after his late daughter but that's not my position to talk about. Julio is one hell of a guy full of knowledge and loves talking about the 80's and his boats. He still has his all files of the boats he built. About two yrs ago he bought one of his original 32's and did a complete re-do of it. He was unstoppable in his class back in the day and had a 32 called "Chillout" that was unstoppable as well as "Unleashed. He also raced a lot in the Puerto Rico offshore circuit. He's a really good friend of mine and we do lots of boating here in Miami as he's always in the water with his 32 Scorpion center console which he build several yrs ago. He barely ever gets on OSO but he often on FB. If y'all were to PM him on FB I'm sure he would answer any questions in regards to Scorpion boats. As I mentioned before he loves the 80's and his boats. His FB name is "Julio el bombero" as he was a Fire fighter as well. If you own a Scorpion, you should be very proud as they are badass machine that can take on mother nature very well and fast.

In regard to Tommy Adams, I'm not sure about him owning Scorpion last as he was shot on i95 in his Porsche in 82 or 83 because he was wanted for something he wore around his neck that "people" were looking for. He was involved in to much $¥+* but that's another thread.

Stormrider 01-12-2015 10:08 PM

Pretty sure Tommy was involved w Signature, not Scorpion.
Kmusto322, get some pics posted of your dads 32.

PARASAIL941 01-12-2015 10:39 PM

Check out You Tube video under heading - Frank Marine Key West . You can see how they ran that boat why they kicked A$$ in A Class. 24 Scorpion .
I was from the same area and ran a B Class boat , so we would travel to the same races . Really a great group of people and fierce competitors !!!

BUP 01-12-2015 10:53 PM

You are correct as I always get them 2 mixed up. I had to do a search up here to double check and yes Signature boats for TA is correct. 2 boat brands that were never in our area or least I never seen either running around.

xxxxxxx1 01-13-2015 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Skatermike82 for pointing me in the right direction on contact with Julio with Scorpion Boats. He is a great guy to talk to and full of knowledge about classic offshore racing.
.Here is a pic sent to me from Julio of a 32 Scorpion. It is the Miami to New York World Record holder !! What a great looking offshore photo !!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535637[/ATTACH]