Notices

Cary 29

Old 04-09-2019, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Smart? Maybe back 12 years ago when I bought this boat, hard to argue with 12 years of ownership / use based on gas, oil, filters and a bucket of wax. I've been very well rewarded with this purchase. Most would say it doesn't owe me a thing, my gut says it owes me 12 more on the same terms. Then I will have one for the perf boat hall of fame, 24 years on gas, oil, filters, and one valve job.
P.S. Match that AXA.

So have you bought outboards yet? If you are still looking give me a call, can pass a tip on to you.
Placed the order January 3rd. Told me 12 weeks,now June possibly but they say should be sooner. A schedule of delivery date s is forthcoming. Thanks anyway Pete. Yes you have a great package that runs and runs... Can't argue with that,and it's fast.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
Cary, your passion for these classics, the history behind them, as well as the work you do with them never fails to impress.

I want to know about this Bertram? Is there a thread on it?

Pete, glad you're getting your hands greasy, it'll wash off some of the waxy buildup.
AXA? isn't he doing the trawler thing?

As of this a.m. my non-classic hull and deck were still in the molds.

Is that you Randmeister? How are you doing? You are building a new CC. Smart move. Yeah I tried the cruiser thing, long story. I think I have pictures of the boat,may maybe some on the Bertram site but I'm not a big fan of computer typically. I really loved my outboards before and now they're even better. So many advantages....uusability of a CC is just amazing and so practical. Call me when you get a chance and I can update you on the boats if you want. 315-382-8828
Old 04-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Cary, all is well! and yes a CC.
looking ahead..."retirement boat" lol

low fuss, low maintenance, easy to get around on, keep, and efficient.
no more stooping, crawling, jumping, climbing, or standing on my head for me!
Shoes? Rain? Potato chips and cracker crumbs? Spill your soda pop?
Need to take 3 coolers and a half-dozen beach chairs for the day?
NO PROBLEM!
admittedly reactionary to being burnt out after 28 years of perf boat compromises, but it's my reality.
I think I'll really like it.

over 80 sq. ft. of floor space 9'3" beam, big tank 400+ mi range, huge head, ridiculous storage, LeBroc captain's chairs, nicest T-Top in the industry, everything well thought-out and laid-out, gets near 3mpg at just under 30 cruise and runs 50mph on Yam 150's
Took 18 months to find "the right boat" from the "right builder" through the "right dealer".

I live 20-25 mins from both A-Bay and Henderson.
I just want a roomy Lake Ontario capable day-boat that's easy to run the hell out of all over.
If I get a hair to overnight again someday 25/7/9' 90's Sea Ray cruisers are everywhere and cheap.
Frankly with the filler cushion and the aftermarket bow tents/enclosures they have now for CC's it can be done on this if I want to.

Last edited by Rippem; 04-09-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Registered

Amen Randy to all the points you make. I wish we lived closer to the River but forced to keep trailer boating for now. I agree with you on the theory at our stage of life. You will definitely enjoy hassle free,peac peacefully. I can't pass up the ride quality in my older boat. Restomod with the new efficient power and I enjoy both. But I have to compromise the layout at rest. Do have a nice Bimini that stores and collapse s though.... God bless...
Old 04-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Registered

hopefully Cary, I won't be shunned for going this route

I had no interest in the typical "busy", "sit on the floor", "only one way forward" day boat.
I wanted to sit high from the waterline in a big comfy seat, with my feet up, in the shade
deep far forward entry and some flare for Lake O

They brought this to the Miami show a couple weeks after I ordered mine so I at least have an idea of the appearance
I did have the Haze Gray bottom color brought up to the style line
nixed the T-Top rod holders
and a few other small accomodations.
They have been great to work with.

Last edited by Rippem; 04-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Registered

back to the classics. Apologize for the interlope.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts

One of my favorites.

Screams, pure class!

Circa '1974 or thereabouts, Strohs Grand Nationals at Cedar Point Ohio.
Cant tell in the picture but yes I have wood

Originally Posted by Rippem
back to the classics. Apologize for the interlope.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Registered

That's why I posted that...

Lines, shapes, red/white colors, tasteful graphics and decals...just epitomizes clean classic hot rod race boat in every single way possible.

Last edited by Rippem; 04-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Registered

Randy that boat is beautiful,dont 'let anyone tell you otherwise. You will not regret it. Functional boat out on the water is precious. Life is too short the one dimensional performance boat like mine is restrictive. Real boaters enjoy and have a passion for all types...
Old 04-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Registered

Besides Cobia has been building quality boats for many years. They have it all figured out ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.