Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   HORBA Sets Preliminary Rally Schedule For 2016 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/332617-horba-sets-preliminary-rally-schedule-2016-a.html)

Matt Trulio 11-21-2015 12:44 PM

HORBA Sets Preliminary Rally Schedule For 2016

Great idea, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...edule-for-2016.

Top Banana 12-13-2015 07:32 PM

HORBA is looking for suggestions for a location to hold our first two events in Florida.

We have scheduled two HORBA Thunderboat Rallies for high performance boats 25 years old or older.

We need restaurants that will be able to dock approx 25 to 30 boats. Lunch would probably be about 75 to 100 people. We are looking for a place in the Miami or Fort Lauderdale area for Saturday January 30, 2016.

Event number two would be the same type on the west coast of Florida....either Clearwater or Sarasota area in March.

Thanks for any suggestions.

vintage chromoly 12-13-2015 07:44 PM

Is there a rough idea of the entry fee for the lake st Claire 100 mile run?

Top Banana 12-14-2015 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly (Post 4384853)
Is there a rough idea of the entry fee for the lake st Claire 100 mile run?

We are hoping in the neighborhood of $250.00

Still a lot of costs without definite prices, but the idea is to recreate old school racing, even the entry fee.

vintage chromoly 12-14-2015 12:06 PM

That's great TB! Makes it very doable for a small fry like me.
Thanks for keeping the flame burning!

ham_r_down01 12-14-2015 02:11 PM

Looking at dates from last year, what weekend will be the old school reunion? Then there's usually a race the weekend following.

Food for thought.

H20boater would be able to help out better than I.

Top Banana 12-14-2015 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ham_r_down01 (Post 4385076)
Looking at dates from last year, what weekend will be the old school reunion? Then there's usually a race the weekend following.

Food for thought.

H20boater would be able to help out better than I.

Whatever the date set by the Michigan group will be the date we run. We have no interest in setting dates around other races. In the past we waited before setting dates and then when we set a race date, a competing race group changed theirs to our date.

Modern offshore racers would not be able to race on our courses as they don't carry enough fuel or have equipment to go over a horizon, so we see no conflict with modern offshore racers.

NOW back to our event in January, we need suggestions for restaurants in Miami or Ft Lauderdale area.

Ryan Beckley 12-14-2015 05:22 PM

Let me know when you want to talk about SARASOTA!

Top Banana 12-14-2015 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 4385155)
Let me know when you want to talk about SARASOTA!

Ryan it is never too early to start with ideas.

If we are doing Sarasota, I would also like to include in some way Innovation Marine, either a tour of their facility or some examples of their engine work and rigging.

ham_r_down01 12-14-2015 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 4385141)
Whatever the date set by the Michigan group will be the date we run. We have no interest in setting dates around other races. In the past we waited before setting dates and then when we set a race date, a competing race group changed theirs to our date.

Modern offshore racers would not be able to race on our courses as they don't carry enough fuel or have equipment to go over a horizon, so we see no conflict with modern offshore racers.

NOW back to our event in January, we need suggestions for restaurants in Miami or Ft Lauderdale area.

Well I'd hate for an event to take attendants from one another. I'd rather attend both than one or the other.