Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
73 magnum sport for sale >

73 magnum sport for sale

Notices

73 magnum sport for sale

Old 04-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drake, I feel as you do, I would be all over this if my Mako was done....
Old 04-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Registered

Yes, I looked at the boat when he had it for sale, I passed on it then, and bought a 30 Scarab, Dan later sold the boat to Ron. Lets quit talking about this thing.... Somebody buy this and give it a worthwhile home.... Anybody interested in a 32 Skater???
Old 04-06-2016, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 255 Likes on 110 Posts

Rock solid fish slaying 22.4 mako trade for skater? Lol
What year mako are you fixin?
Old 04-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
SO I have been shopping for a go-fast boat, I get the historical significance of this boat, but, if there was no historical significance, why choose this over some of the newer and more modern options (and newer here would imply maybe anything newer than 1985)? Would suspect there are arguments for the hull, but why else?

I realize I may be sacrilegious here, but i am also ignorant in these matters :-)
I have wondered this at times too. Can't help thinking that the newer boats should be better built, more practical, handle better, have better engine/driveline setups and probably easier to maintain. There will always be exceptions on both sides and the old Magnums are classics. They probably handle better than some of the newer boats but they won't be faster (with similar power).

It's the idea of cruising in a boat that had a huge impact on shaping the sport we all follow. Maybe compare it to a traditional American muscle car of the same era, Camaro, Corvette or similar vs some newer cars. I owned a '79 Vette many years ago and would get beaten at the lights by little Japanese cars with 4 cylinder turbo charged engines but there was no doubt which car was more fun to drive! Might also be an age thing, I'd love to know the average age of classic Magnum owners.......? Maybe 50.....?

I may be wrong on this one but I think a lot of the classics get restored and not used much. I think there's a few multi-boat owners who have a practical late model boat and also their Sunday cruiser.

I'd love to get hold of an old Cig, Magnum or similar but can't see myself as a multi-boat owner.

RR
Old 04-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
Rock solid fish slaying 22.4 mako trade for skater? Lol
What year mako are you fixin?
1995 232.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a small 1969 go-fast boat and I do want a second of the magnum size, power, $ range, etc, but why this vs. something like the formula 272 I have been looking for?
Old 04-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Term103200 - What is a "chicken bar", is it like a kill switch or something to hang on to? What work is left in the restoration? what effort do you believe is involved in getting this started?
Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

F Y I boat (BONANZA) just seen at 8 pm on trailer going up m 29 past sector K (my house) going towards algonac another magnum in the area ONLY H2O KNOWS
Old 04-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
I have wondered this at times too. Can't help thinking that the newer boats should be better built, more practical, handle better, have better engine/driveline setups and probably easier to maintain. There will always be exceptions on both sides and the old Magnums are classics. They probably handle better than some of the newer boats but they won't be faster (with similar power).

It's the idea of cruising in a boat that had a huge impact on shaping the sport we all follow. Maybe compare it to a traditional American muscle car of the same era, Camaro, Corvette or similar vs some newer cars. I owned a '79 Vette many years ago and would get beaten at the lights by little Japanese cars with 4 cylinder turbo charged engines but there was no doubt which car was more fun to drive! Might also be an age thing, I'd love to know the average age of classic Magnum owners.......? Maybe 50.....?

I may be wrong on this one but I think a lot of the classics get restored and not used much. I think there's a few multi-boat owners who have a practical late model boat and also their Sunday cruiser.

I'd love to get hold of an old Cig, Magnum or similar but can't see myself as a multi-boat owner.

RR

Really simple why people shoot after the classics, there hasnt been alot of new technology, except in the big dollar boats, so you can get a classic for a fraction of the cost (even with the upgrades and paint jobs you are still ahead in the $$ catagory) of a newer one and you vertually get the same thing, baybe better because they (old ones) are over built, yes maybe slower (but not really that much slower), but I dont see many 30+ yr old fountains/Baja's floating around (Sorry fountain / baja guys )

I also see alot of classics with late model power in them
Old 04-14-2016, 02:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead
F Y I boat (BONANZA) just seen at 8 pm on trailer going up m 29 past sector K (my house) going towards algonac another magnum in the area ONLY H2O KNOWS
Well this classic Magnum has found a new home here in Algonac Michigan. The new owner also has a classic 18' Donzi so I think he is ready to take on this project Magnum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.