90 Aronow 37' Gucci gold trim >

90 Aronow 37' Gucci gold trim

Notices

90 Aronow 37' Gucci gold trim

Old 07-24-2018, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

One of the First questions you will get from interested & serious buyers: "condition of the transom & stringers" have you ever done a moisture test? ....or determine a hollow sound by knocking the transom with blunt object.
It probably also has the original fuel tanks "circa 1990" that's a concern............cosmetically it doesn't look too bad, but someone would have to spend a big amount of money to restore the Gucci theme and frankly, I don't see that happening, but you never know.
I have a question about the windscreen, when running at speed did the wind deflect over your head?.....that low horizontal cut below the base of the windscreen was supposed to cause turbulence and direct the wind over the front passengers head ............curious if that design worked.

Last edited by scippy; 07-24-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Sorry you're not going ahead with the restoration, hopefully someone will pick it up.
A year ago when you were looking to buy the boat and I commented. Now you're selling the boat, I think my old comments are still somewhere near the truth. Might not be what you want to read as a seller but it's just my opinion so if you think I'm way off, you can always ignore it.
Good luck.

RR

Originally Posted by rak rua
It's a cool boat with a nice pedigree but outside of the various powerboat forums, I doubt anyone would understand the significance. I wouldn't call it a classic or a collectors item.

That said, for 40k I would expect it to be in very good shape. Gel coat shining, mechanically running well and no soggy transom/stringers etc. To the majority of people, it's just a 27 year old boat and with all the love in the world, it will probably never be anything more.

Only my opinion but if I were making an offer, I'd start very low.
Many knowledgeable guys on here, jump in and flame me if you think I'm wrong.

rr
Old 07-25-2018, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truth is the truth you are right. I am a car guy not a boat guy . Thought this was something that I would enjoy but the problem is it's huge! Haha, I didn't realize how big a pain it would be trying to find a place big enough to park it to work on it. I own a shop that has a decent size yard but it really needs to come inside for a large amount of time. Hoping someone else has the passion and facilities to do it. Your input is appreciated
Old 07-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Good luck with the sale. These older boats sure are unique and have this charm that these brand new ones don't Oh, and the cabin looks pretty comfortable and roomy for a boat that size.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Carfixer...... at speed, did the wind deflect over your head?...........I believe Brownie had something to do with the design of that windscreen and I am curious to it's effectiveness.
I looked at a 37' Aronow several years ago it was a bare hull and it still raised my interest to buy..........if I didn't have a 35' I'd be crossing the border to bring it home...it's one of a
kind and deserves a restoration...........make no mistake, she not all just shine & glitter. she is a proven (with her displacement) wave crusher for a 35' boat (2' aft is extended glass)
Old 07-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scippy
Carfixer...... at speed, did the wind deflect over your head?...........I believe Brownie had something to do with the design of that windscreen and I am curious to it's effectiveness.
I looked at a 37' Aronow several years ago it was a bare hull and it still raised my interest to buy..........if I didn't have a 35' I'd be crossing the border to bring it home...it's one of a
kind and deserves a restoration...........make no mistake, she not all just shine & glitter. she is a proven (with her displacement) wave crusher for a 35' boat (2' aft is extended glass)
Hey Scippy the wind deflector was kind of so-so. I am 6'1" and found that the wind blast was still pretty good, if you are running at any speed i would definitely put some goggles on, haha. Make em an offer, its in Idaho right now getting an new cover made, could meet you somewhere instead of bringing it back home!!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Carfixer
Hey Scippy the wind deflector was kind of so-so. I am 6'1" and found that the wind blast was still pretty good, if you are running at any speed i would definitely put some goggles on, haha. Make em an offer, its in Idaho right now getting an new cover made, could meet you somewhere instead of bringing it back home!!
One boat at a time is enough for me right now, but thanks for the offer............What would the boat be worth as is?...........I have a number $15K low and $20K high....just my opinion!
Old 07-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

I've always thought this was a pretty cool boat.
It was for sale 14+ years ago when I bought my 37' AT. I considered this one, as well as that 38' Top Gun that had the green interior (now has yellow cockpit).
I hope to see this boat back in all it's glory one day. It will take a dedication that will need a fat wallet. But it will be awesome when done.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

It's still for sale. Fresh ad on powerboatlistings.

https://www.powerboatlistings.com/photographs/61791
Old 08-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Registered

Default That was me.

That is my listing, I never did get around to trying to sell it. We ran it in the water last summer had some fun with it, with the closest body of water to me big enough to run it in being 7 hours away it's not worth keeping . And it just takes up a lot of space you should buy it LOL

Last edited by Carfixer; 08-25-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.