1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder) >

1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)

Notices

1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)

Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1990 Aronow 39 (Blue Thunder)

Does any one know where a parts boat might be? Im looking for electrical switches etc to keep mine original. Thanks. 1990 Aronow Cat.Twin HTG 900hp 540 ci bulldogs, Whipple chargers. Huber 1450,s connected to SSM's gen3s not super fast but a fun party barge! I bought the boat last winter and have been super busy with work! So the restore to cosmetics and cockpit start this winter. Her new home is Texas,I pulled her down from Buffalo NY last winter with my Ram 2500 very heavy!m One of our members in Buffalo helped me with whole process..Thanks Tom!! Bodacious spent most of her life in Las Vegas owned by a Doctor (the for sale ad is still on the internet) then moved to Buffalo where she was re powered by Hot To Go Racing. Rob Schooping is an amazing engine builder!! So if anyone can help me out to keep this heavy old girls cockpit original it would be much appreciated! I do not know how to post Photos as i am a basic member any help & advise on this resto is welcome Thanks!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you get to run it at all this past summer?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know where there's two blue thunders, but I think it would be better to just look at photos of original ones and see if you can track down used pieces, instead of cannibalizing a blue thunder. Although alot of them are just shells now, I highly doubt that the remaining blue thunders will be chopped up for scrap, given their historical integrity. Someone someday may want to save one or two. I was thinking about saving one myself but haven't pulled the trigger...
Old 11-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

theres one for sale down in CT if you search skater on statewide list it should come up. complete boat just needs to be put together.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Registered

Hey Tom! No just too darn busy with work and new business. Did have it started however in the subdivision.Good God it shook windows & set off house and car alarms,resulting in the Po-Po showing up,and some very pissed off neighbors.I finally got the parts i paid schoop for to update the cooling system late May. lots of electrical problems etc. And some cooling intake sea valves that are seized that need that need to be replaced. So rather than potentially burn up an engine i have elected to let her sit until now (covered), when i can figure out the cooling & electrical issues. You & I talked about past problems its all good going forward hope all is well.Did you two use the Formula a bunch this summer? I used the Pachanga Twice very sad!! She is up for sale much to my dismay. Look forward to talking soon and thanks for all your help.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Registered

I was unable to find the one in CT. Also can someone help me with how to post photos? if anyone is interested in the restoration. that is.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

There is one at Performance Boat Center that's available. Give them a call.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Registered

Ok checked that out I dont need a whole boat! im looking for parts...Morse or Livorsi used throttle quadrant.Now specifically, i need dash gauges and also i need to be sure the Huber Transmissions take the old style type F Transmission fluid the old fords took is this Correct? Also electrical schematic of the boat if anyone has. also a full schematic of the hull and build so I may better understand Stringer placement and drain ports. Also fuel quantity, sending unit type and original schematic for fuel pump/filters etc. I am blind and a little Naive but help would be great...still waiting on how to post pics!Thanks all!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

Hey KGZ3 got MSG will contact tomorrow Thanks
Old 12-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Switched are availabe at Spemco in Saint Clair shores MI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.