New wellcraft nova spyder owner >

New wellcraft nova spyder owner

Notices

New wellcraft nova spyder owner

Old 10-18-2017, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New wellcraft nova spyder owner

Hi I just bought a beautiful 87 spyder, with twin 5.7 mags. Does anyone know where I can find an original manual, and or reproduction side hull clear see thru Wellcraft logos or decal
Old 10-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

WellCraft maybe?
Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 635 Likes on 293 Posts

Congrats. Always liked the look of those. Great heritage as you know. Believe this to be the original manual: http://wellcraft.tezmarin.com/downlo...Sterndrive.pdf

Old 10-19-2017, 09:56 PM
Registered

I saw that brochure on the Wellcraft site, but that isn't an actual user manual, like the one that would have come with the boat when it was new. Im only guessing one would have come with it. There is not much info or even pictures of the 87 model.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered

Sorry my mistake, I didn't see the link. Where did you find that on the site, I couldn't find it.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 635 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by tpivega
Sorry my mistake, I didn't see the link. Where did you find that on the site, I couldn't find it.
Tez Marin is a Wellcraft dealer in Turkey and it popped up when I searched for it. Enjoy your boat. The original design was by famous racer Allan 'Brownie' Brown. Brownie started a company called Nova Marine and this was his Nova 24. Came from a design he did at Donzi Marine, called the Donzi 7 Meter, though made some changes to it. When he folded, he sold the mold for the Nova 24 to WellCraft and it became the design for their Nova models and many future models.

Last edited by larslindroth; 10-20-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:59 AM
Registered

I could have told him that.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
I could have told him that.

That is a great pic! such a classic design. Im trying to load up a pic of mine, how or what do I click on to upload pics??
Old 10-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Donzi 7 meter = Dick Cole.

where does Allmand fit in???

jeff
Old 10-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Registered

Dick drew the 7 meter for Donzi (Don at first didn't like that it was another Cole boat and almost wouldn't look at it). Years later after Brownie left Donzi they took a 7 meter, chopped and channeled it and used a deck from a Cary to make the 24. How Brownie tells it, his wife didn't feel safe in a little fast boat (figure it was a Donzi 16) so he came up with the 19 foot version of the 24 and they are damn close in design, just a little shorter (the 19's transom is actually wider then the 24's by 2 inches). More time goes by and Brownie sells Nova Marine for a couple reasons.... The 24 went to Wellcraft and anything with Nova in the name or with a 24 and half degree dead rise and a few other boat lines were all based off of it. The 19 was sold to Allmand. After finishing out any of the builds left over from Nova Marine they took the top off and turned the hull into a center console outboard boat.
I have the last 19 ever made (as far as we know). Allmand were already making center consoles out of the molds so my boat actually has a center console inner liner in it. Took a long time to figure out why it had a no slip deck under the forward deck when there is only like 12 inches between the two.