88 top gun TRS drives good or bad

Notices

88 top gun TRS drives good or bad

Old 08-30-2017, 12:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldog500
I believe it's how you throttle the boat again, the load in &out of the water .Having own about 20 trs boats I am not new to this .I had 28 cig.with over 700hp never blew a drive or a merc.trans. own that boat 12 years .I been on offshore only 13/14 years reading everything without making comments when I new what I was reading was true .Now I am selling boat probably one of the better one listed or not but all I read is people saying motors are 700hp why because there roller motors? Trs drives are junk, boats over price , this boat has brand new out the box drives on bought them before they went NLA $ 11,200 has real merc.motors built and rigged by one of the best .not a nick in the paint, a trailer built for the boat like new boat or trailer never been in salt water . Cmi headers ,gaffrig mufflers ,new transoms ,new transmissions ,hyd.steering etc. My point is some comments should be considered on a boat by boat bases I like to see some of the stuff these other people have ok I am done.
That 28 was fast , real fast!!
Old 08-30-2017, 05:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Don't the TRS cigs ride better than the bravo cigs of that era ??
Less porpoise yes, I know what your getting at... yes I am buying a Bravo based café, and I am taking a chance at being happier with what I am buying for many reasons....for one it has extenstion boxes and shorties, also the engines sit forward like as if it had transmissions keeping the COG of a trs boat, will it be the same? not sure... do I care ? not really I am going after something that is the right deal, will gain me speed and most of all give me the space I lack in the Mistress. the plus for me the Bravo can be upgraded where TRS cannot, would a speedmaster boat be better? well of course but in my current budget I have to go with a upgrade that works for my current needs... you know want I am getting and you know its not a horrible move, not sure why I am getting chit for upgrading for myself...for the record this is what I have said in the past and I stand by it... IN STOCK FORM a TRS boat wil be balanced better then a Bravo boat, IN STOCK FORM TRS will hold more power then STOCK Bravos, those are both facts, FACT... yiou can upgrade Bravo gears, you cannot in TRS.... will I break Bravos? probably but at least I have a chance at something better to make me happier overall, not sure why that is an issue for others, I would think friends would be happy for me, guess not.

I responded in beginning saying that at 700 hp the TRS will not live long, and 60,000 was too much for a TRS gun, I stand by them comments and you all know that's true, but of course some will go against me like normal, I can care less anymore, sick of the BS some people need to let it go...this idiot that cant do anything right has boated every single weekend this summer, I am happy with that.. thx for the concern.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Less porpoise yes, I know what your getting at... yes I am buying a Bravo based café, and I am taking a chance at being happier with what I am buying for many reasons....for one it has extenstion boxes and shorties, also the engines sit forward like as if it had transmissions keeping the COG of a trs boat, will it be the same? not sure... do I care ? not really I am going after something that is the right deal, will gain me speed and most of all give me the space I lack in the Mistress. the plus for me the Bravo can be upgraded where TRS cannot, would a speedmaster boat be better? well of course but in my current budget I have to go with a upgrade that works for my current needs... you know want I am getting and you know its not a horrible move, not sure why I am getting chit for upgrading for myself...for the record this is what I have said in the past and I stand by it... IN STOCK FORM a TRS boat wil be balanced better then a Bravo boat, IN STOCK FORM TRS will hold more power then STOCK Bravos, those are both facts, FACT... yiou can upgrade Bravo gears, you cannot in TRS.... will I break Bravos? probably but at least I have a chance at something better to make me happier overall, not sure why that is an issue for others, I would think friends would be happy for me, guess not.

I responded in beginning saying that at 700 hp the TRS will not live long, and 60,000 was too much for a TRS gun, I stand by them comments and you all know that's true, but of course some will go against me like normal, I can care less anymore, sick of the BS some people need to let it go...this idiot that cant do anything right has boated every single weekend this summer, I am happy with that.. thx for the concern.
FF where do your motors make peak power? I would assume 5600-5800 RPM, please correct me if I am wrong. If that is the case, and the limit on a Bravo is 5200 RPM, how do you intend to get around that hurdle? I'm sure propping 400-600 RPM below peak power will cost you quite a bit of power.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yep buying a stock bravo boat... I'm not getting into anything as far as what will happen until it sees water
Old 08-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This thread isn't about what Tim is doing... move on
Old 08-30-2017, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Why don't you start a build thread and tell us how the engines are moved forward 12-14 inches ( the length of a tranny as you stated ) from the inner transom plate in a bravo application. This way we can get off the OP's thread
Old 08-30-2017, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If also like to hear about upgrading bravos and bravo gears??
Old 08-30-2017, 09:02 AM
Registered

IN STOCK FORM TRS will hold more power then STOCK Bravos, those are both facts, FACT... yiou can upgrade Bravo gears, you cannot in TRS.....
Can you elaborate
Old 08-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Why don't you start a build thread and tell us how the engines are moved forward 12-14 inches ( the length of a tranny as you stated ) from the inner transom plate in a bravo application. This way we can get off the OP's thread
the owner of the boat is question said the boat sold. So i say we can keep it about tim lol
Old 08-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
because I'm not ready to, and don't care what you guys think at this point about anything I do... I didn't take this thread here, others did..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.