Original Armada restoration >

Original Armada restoration

Notices

Original Armada restoration

Old 08-10-2020, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 299 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Original Armada restoration

I believe this is one of two Swedish built Armada B28s. Original owner found and restored it.

https://www.wavetowave.com/home/2020...ginal-bat-boat

Original Armada restoration-50211882522_0a6df3601f_b.jpg
Old 08-15-2020, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 632 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Ocke Mannerfelt Design boats, produced by Armada and Reindl of U.S.

Armada built the Mannerfelt B-28 and B(V)-24 design boats under license for a short period in 1998-2000. Armada was out of Kentucky. They didn't deliver on quality requirements, and early 2001 Reindl took over production. This boat in the article was not made in Sweden according to records, but was an Armada produced boat. Here are a couple of promo videos that was used by Armada to introduce the boats on the American market. Note offshore legend Steve Curtis chatting with Ocke in Britain after the 1998 Cowes racing event.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MOc42H-lWSBJRp
The following 2 users liked this post by larslindroth:
scruton (04-13-2021), WavetoWave (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 299 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth
Armada built the Mannerfelt B-28 and B(V)-24 design boats under license for a short period in 1998-2000. Armada was out of Kentucky. They didn't deliver on quality requirements, and early 2001 Reindl took over production. This boat in the article was not made in Sweden according to records, but was an Armada produced boat. Here are a couple of promo videos that was used by Armada to introduce the boats on the American market. Note offshore legend Steve Curtis chatting with Ocke in Britain after the 1998 Cowes racing event.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MOc42H-lWSBJRp
Thank you, yes. I updated the article to be more clear. The original RainX boat that his Dad raced was originally from Sweden, but the boat in the article is not that boat, it is a later 2000 Armada apparently. The owner was a little vague with the information, but I updated it now. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (08-16-2020)