Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Hotel scarface (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/358470-hotel-scarface.html)

chewiekw 01-07-2019 12:23 AM

Hotel scarface

Great book if you grew up in south Florida in the 70 and 80’s it’s about George moralas, Sal and Willi

great ready probably the most in-depth pice I have read about them. Got it of amazon

smokeybandit 01-08-2019 12:35 PM

I got it yesterday and I can't stop reading it. I remember the Seahawk guys playing softball in the dry pits at Key West in 84 or 85. They used to "joke" that they were pros and that was how they made their money.

Quinlan 01-14-2019 06:00 AM

Got mine the other day. So far it is definitely an interesting read.

f311fr1 01-16-2019 09:01 PM

Finished it today. Great read. I wonder if the Todd R Cimino mentioned in the book is the one and same that was doing business in Blountstown FL as Hawk Power in the early 90's?

mickusa 01-18-2019 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by chewiekw (Post 4667133)
Great book if you grew up in south Florida in the 70 and 80’s it’s about George moralas, Sal and Willi

great ready probably the most in-depth pice I have read about them. Got it of amazon

If you liked this , please read American Desperado - I liked it much more than Hotel Scarface. It goes into so much detail about the Miami hotspots, cars, and boats of the day, the geography of Miami and of course many of the power players of the day. I have read it probably 10 times. Its a little slow to start ( talks about New York in the 60's ) but once John Roberts hits Miami - its so frigging good you just cant put it down. in fact many posters on here are mentioned in the book.

chewiekw 01-25-2019 09:22 AM

American Desperado

I just ordered American Desperado

mickusa 01-29-2019 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by chewiekw (Post 4669703)
I just ordered American Desperado

Awesome! Let me know what you think when you are done.

TylerBurich 02-09-2019 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by mickusa (Post 4668651)
If you liked this , please read American Desperado - I liked it much more than Hotel Scarface. It goes into so much detail about the Miami hotspots, cars, and boats of the day, the geography of Miami and of course many of the power players of the day. I have read it probably 10 times. Its a little slow to start ( talks about New York in the 60's ) but once John Roberts hits Miami - its so frigging good you just cant put it down. in fact many posters on here are mentioned in the book.

I had to put down Hotel Scarface to finish American Desperado, amazing read!

mickusa 02-09-2019 11:55 AM

Yes!

Originally Posted by TylerBurich (Post 4671916)
I had to put down Hotel Scarface to finish American Desperado, amazing read!

Awesome !! Glad you are enjoying it!!

Springman 02-16-2019 07:25 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. They were both great reads. The amount of drugs and money that went through Miami is incredible. Hard to believe that Jon was in the situations he was and still is alive to tell about it. Crime paid for at least one man.

Thanks, Todd