Notices

Mystery Mold 23x8

Old 10-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mystery Mold 23x8

Well guys i went and got a mold last weekend thinking and was told that it was a Pantera/Jaws/P&D 24x7 mold set but the second I got there I knew something was off, my eyes were telling me that it wasn’t, but I took it none the less bc price was right and lines were nice. Today I started unstacking the molds taking the deck mold & liner/deck from inside mold. Once I got them out and got the measuring tape my doubts were correct.

The hull mold is just shy of 23’ long and has a beam of 8’ and has a 18.5” freeboard height on stern. I have posted pics on another thread thinking it was what I was told but obviously they didn’t even know what they had.

So so maybe one of you knowledgeable guys out there can tell by looking at pics!

Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Registered

So I have been looking around and at specs/strakes etc of other boats of the area. I’m leaning towards 24’ cigarette. They both have that very high chine like all the way to the bow of the boat and they both have the last strake on bottom cut short of transom and are rounded off instead of being finished on a sharp angle. Also the measurements are the same expect for the gunwale length so I’m guessing it was shortened.

Do do you guys know of anything being made from the cigarette hulls?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

'Top Banana' member on here bought the molds from Aronow and established Charlie McCarthy's Banana Boat Company. I think there was a period when the molds for the 24 were been used by someone else but they're back with Charlie McCarthy now, have been for some years.

Have a read here, Charlie McCarthy's banana boat co -- Classic Division - 24 Footer and you'll probably know as much as I do. I've always liked the 24 Banana and with the outboard power available now, she'd be a beautiful boat to bolt something on the back and enjoy.

RR
Old 10-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
'Top Banana' member on here bought the molds from Aronow and established Charlie McCarthy's Banana Boat Company. I think there was a period when the molds for the 24 were been used by someone else but they're back with Charlie McCarthy now, have been for some years.

Have a read here, Charlie McCarthy's banana boat co -- Classic Division - 24 Footer and you'll probably know as much as I do. I've always liked the 24 Banana and with the outboard power available now, she'd be a beautiful boat to bolt something on the back and enjoy.

RR
yea I looked at those too very similar. Who ever built this mold was going to use outboards because the inner deck liner was made to go all the way to the transom no motor well in mold and the cap/sport deck was also built to go all the way to the transom without a motor hatch or compartment. This is the reason I got it because it was designed to be used on outboards most likely on a bracket.

I pm’ed Allen “Brownie” I’m guessing if he doesn’t have a idea where’ll screwed lol
Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Registered

Ok the more I look at other boats the more I change my mind. What I do know it’s definitely derives from a cigarette or magnum they are the only ones that have the rounded chime end. The cig and the magnum are the only hulls I’ve seen that have the last bottom lifting strake short of transom and with a rounded end instead of the angled like all the others I have seen. I am thinking that a maybe a 27’ magnum was cut down to 23’ because this hull has a 7.10 beam.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poseidon Boat Works

yea I looked at those too very similar. Who ever built this mold was going to use outboards because the inner deck liner was made to go all the way to the transom no motor well in mold and the cap/sport deck was also built to go all the way to the transom without a motor hatch or compartment. This is the reason I got it because it was designed to be used on outboards most likely on a bracket.

I pm’ed Allen “Brownie” I’m guessing if he doesn’t have a idea where’ll screwed lol

well buddy I think you were right I was leaning torwards maybe a 27’ magnum cut down, but after looking on banana website and spot their mold. The similarity are way to close to be nothing other than a 24’ cig/banana that was shortened by 10” and the step step was removed

What do you guys think
Old 10-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

I am leaning towards a old 26 Monza hull cutdown to 23. There was a Company building a center console out of them back in the late 80s called Confederate that had a 23 center console model they had made out out of the original 26.

The 26 Monza from the Kenny Ekland days was very similar to the 24 Cigarette.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Correction. I am wrong. There is not that lip that runs down 8 inches from the sheer. Both the Monza and 24 Cigarette had that.

Definitely not a 24-7 as the Snoot is to pointy.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Deck pics

Do you have any pics of the deck?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MooresWarlock
Do you have any pics of the deck?
i sure do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.