Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   CPBA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cpba-277/)
-   -   CPBA DISCOUNT at Ocean performance! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cpba/254887-cpba-discount-ocean-performance.html)

30ctsutphen 06-01-2011 05:48 PM

CPBA DISCOUNT at Ocean performance!

As many of you have heard me say I think OP is very important to Performance boating in CT!

Having a place dedicated to performance is great for us...
Youve also heard me on occasion, discuss some issues members have had with them and how things get done there.

I just spoke to Chris at Ocean performance yesterday about a conversation we had previously.

I had let chris know about some of the problems people have told me about at Ocean, He was very concerned and kept an open mind, and was open to hearing what changes he could make to have happier customers.

I was very impressed with how interested he was in what Our club members were thinking.

So when he called me back yesterday, he said "I want to make some changes based on our conversation, I want to give a discount to CPBA members, and I want to help the club anyway I can!"

One of the issues I spoke to him about was prices quoted changing, after the boat gets into the shop and the new price being a suprise to the owner.

While its not always 100% possible because of parts being hidden, He is going to do the absolute best he can to Quote exactly the price he will charge for repairs in the future so theres never any suprises for the customer.

I think all of this is a step in the right direction and I think it shows that CPBA is building momentum in our area.

So if you need something done call chris, Let him know your a CPBA member, and give him a shot to show us just how well he will take care of our members!

:drink:

JayFan 06-01-2011 06:46 PM

I've bought 2 boats from Chris and had a few small repairs done with him.....and have always been impressed with him. Good news to hear about a CPBA discount. :coolcowboy:

sea2jet 06-02-2011 07:38 AM

I like everybody at Ocean Performance but when I got an email from them, upset because Ron and I took the Donzi and Sutphen to Mike down the street to have the scan tool put on them, at Ron's request, I'm not sure I would consider using them in the future, discount or not. I replied to their email and never got a response. It's too bad, I really like Bill and I thought they did a wonderful job on the Donzi. I also like Mike at OffShore NorthEast. I didn't realize I have to pick between one or the other

SS930 06-02-2011 09:40 AM

Thank Jeff, nice to hear this.

I wonder if Chris would be willing to work with the club regarding storage... I know there have been multiple prices in the past with storage and it would be nice to see that straightened out and an actual discount applied for CPBA members.

30ctsutphen 06-02-2011 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3418431)
Thank Jeff, nice to hear this.

I wonder if Chris would be willing to work with the club regarding storage... I know there have been multiple prices in the past with storage and it would be nice to see that straightened out and an actual discount applied for CPBA members.

Yes, that was one of the Items we discussed and he said he will work with us on storage so get in touch with me if you want to be considered in a group buy for storage.

30ctsutphen 06-02-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by sea2jet (Post 3418304)
I like everybody at Ocean Performance but when I got an email from them, upset because Ron and I took the Donzi and Sutphen to Mike down the street to have the scan tool put on them, at Ron's request, I'm not sure I would consider using them in the future, discount or not. I replied to their email and never got a response. It's too bad, I really like Bill and I thought they did a wonderful job on the Donzi. I also like Mike at OffShore NorthEast. I didn't realize I have to pick between one or the other

Actually Mike thats how our conversation started, I went in to discuss that email with Chris, He was very upset about it and felt it was probably taken the wrong way.

I would like to see a copy of what you posted too but I wasnt sure what forum and thread it was under.

But yes that EMAIL started this entire dialog between myself and Chris and he came right out and said "I want to make sure that the CPBA guys are happy with us!" So technically that was his response to your email I just havent spoken with you since then.

I understand your upset about it and I would like you to foward me that email so I can read it myself if you wouldnt mind.

Also I think they took that post as you werent happy with them and wouldnt use them anymore. It was a bad thing all the way around and I think both sides (you and billy) got your feelings hurt at least that was my take on it.

call me so I can discuss the rest of it with you.

sea2jet 06-02-2011 05:48 PM

Hey Jeff,
I just sent you a copy of the email and my response to them. I would welcome a chance to settle this misunderstanding if they wish to get in touch with me with a response to the email I sent them or a call on my cell phone.

30ctsutphen 06-02-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by sea2jet (Post 3418827)
Hey Jeff,
I just sent you a copy of the email and my response to them. I would welcome a chance to settle this misunderstanding if they wish to get in touch with me with a response to the email I sent them or a call on my cell phone.

from my conversation with Chris I feel he would be open to talking with you and I feel hed really like you to be happy with OP

ChristianGott 06-02-2011 07:55 PM

As the 70 year-old Bob Dylan sings, "The times, they are a changin'"....a while back, when I went looking for parts for my SUTPHEN I was told they only service performance boats. I, then, offered my $0.02 on the matter. Market must be getting slow for them to now offer a discount to have me return. Thanks, but GBY has ALWAYS treated me like my money is as green as the rich guys. I'll believe this offer when time shows that it's sincere. Talk is cheap (or non-existent). Pony up!

BTW: Jeff, excellent effort at diplomacy!

innerrage 06-03-2011 06:47 AM

got that right they didnt no what my boat was , seems like if you have a boat under 24ft or a single small block in it or other things then you no good, thats just the way its seems sometimes etc.