Looking to learn about DCB >

Looking to learn about DCB

Notices

Looking to learn about DCB

Old 10-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking to learn about DCB

I have seen a couple in person and they look damn nice but I often hear or read things like "they are not the fastest, or "they are not built for big water" if not these what are DCB's built to excel at? Not bashing just looking to understand better
Old 10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I will be interested to see these replys also.These boat are beautiful pieces of craftsmanship and seem to be very fast in there own rite.Not sure about rough water capability,heard similar replys about not handling the rough stuff but they sure are beautiful and wouldn't mind owning one some day
Old 10-14-2014, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Just a starting point..west coast boats, usually geared more to havazoo and the river
Old 10-15-2014, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

They are designed to be lake boats and handle rough lake conditions very well. Pretty much go over any lake conditions except large cruiser waves. They are built with the long term in mind. They are not lightweights, but important to a lot of us how they stand the test of time. I have never seen one with stress cracks, print through, or rotten coring from lightweight builds. Never seen one need new fuel tanks, etc. They feel very solid when you hop in one, no creeks, rattles or flex.
They are very woman and family friendly with lots of storage and a small cabin area that helps owners enjoy their boats. Craftsmanship and rigging are second to none. Wiring is unbelievable. The longer I owned my DCB the more I saw and appreciated the attention to detail. All bolts on the whole boat were polished, even the unseen ones in the bilge.
Check out this test. http://www.performanceboats.com/vide...-mach-f32.html
They are not for the ocean except maybe the 41 which can be constructed without the pod. It does pretty well in the ocean with the pod.
These are just for a totally different market than the big cats. I thought about a Skater, MTI etc but I inland boat and something that wide, big would be difficult or impossible to use at my lake house. I couldn't get it in my driveway, down the boat ramp, in my garage. Need near a commercial truck and wide load permit to tow. Just more hassle than I want for inland boating.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rigging, fit and finish, bling second to none. While I wouldn't take it offshore, my DCB F26 handles typical lake and poker run slop better than my Cig 35 Top Gun did. Hard to believe but it's true.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

I saw a red 35 at the quinte and 100 islands poker run this past summer, stunning boat that was running over 150 with 1100's. So they have center pods like the talon?
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Registered

I own an F32 and have been in a number of other DCB models. I would be happy to chat via phone to answer questions if you like just PM me.

All DCB models except the M41 (optional) are center pod hulls. They are designed for inland water way use and are an exceptionally well built, recreationally designed boat. Short of the F34 (discontinued) every DCB model handles and performs very well without any weird quirks, porpoising etc etc. The DCB lineup will handle virtually all the HP you can throw at them and hold their own HP to HP compared to other manufacturers. Are they the fastest Cat, no. But they are not too far behind either. I personally have been very happy with the build quality, attention to detail and overall performance of my boat.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Registered

thank you for the responses, Beautiful boats!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

I have the same thoughts about DCB stay with fastech or move to something different.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Our DCB has about 5 seasons of racing on it and overall she's held up pretty good considering what we put it through. Though it is a v-hull, it is built like a brick s#&t house, I'm sure the cats are no potato chip...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.