Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Deep Impact (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/deep-impact-256/)
-   -   Congrats Deep Impact (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/deep-impact/238297-congrats-deep-impact.html)

spk1 09-03-2010 02:08 AM

Congrats Deep Impact

I have loved the boats from the first one, but I must say the more I see at the courtesy dock at the Miami Beach Marina, (especially Da Heat), The more they really start to sell them selves!! Im pretty sure the performance boater looking to make the Utility switch is already going to be sold on deep impact marketing, poker runs, its all been done enough to start to prove its quality and durability. I do think the serious fishing crowd, that lean toward intrepid, contender, seevee, and Midnight Express, love the look and the idea of the boat, but are going to need more convincing before they become cult followers, if thats a new target market, great, if not just ignore my input, because in my opinion, your doing fine as it is, I just hear alot of the fishing guys ask buyer type questions about the boat, they just have not seen it in alot of tournaments, or heavily fish rigged, I would never want to make deep imact look like an all out fishing boat, I prefer the go fast style and looks, but I know the fishing guys are buyers in all economys. There is alot of downsizing from express non trailerable sportfish models going on right now, and deep impact could steal that market, there is heavy competition when it come to all out fishing center consoles, and it would be wrong to try and become a see vee or intrepid, but I truely believe showing the performance and fish capabilities of this boat by making a tournament rigged demo model and fishing it in some of the biggger tournaments, could bring out alot of new buyers. Best of Luck and Congratulations! Once again, the boat is absolutely beautiful!

Tim G. 09-06-2010 08:12 AM

Thanks, and more to come...

We appreciate your kind words.:drink:
We do have a lot of exciting things going on here at the factory.

The display boats for the Ft. Lauderdale Show are in production now.
We are in tooling phase on a revised 36 on a "TE" fishing theme. This boat is targeted at those serious fishermen that want to fish, yet desire performance as well.

We also have a 39 and 42 in the works. I'm shooting to have the 39 ready to bring hull #1 to the Miami Boat Show....

Thanks,
Tim Gallagher
Deep Impact Boats

fastoys 10-06-2010 07:06 AM

Hey Tim- any sport models in the works besides center consoles?

Tim G. 10-06-2010 04:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
No sport/sterndrive designs in the works at this time.....
Many of the boats we build have bolster seats and are typically used as "sport" boats...

The next models to come are 39 and 42', followed by a smaller twin engine boat.

Catmando 10-23-2010 12:47 AM

Stupid question maybe but will you do shock mitigation seats? I know your boats are heavy wave crushers but surely there are times that shock seats would be needed, or at least appreciated.

FeverMike 10-23-2010 05:28 PM

TimG, hopefully Deep Impact will build a CC in the 30' range that is sleek. I still want to downsize...way down from my 38TE Fountain.

Tim G. 10-23-2010 09:17 PM

We can certainly install Shock Mitigation seats... I have some experience with Stidd and Ullman seats.. They do work, but tend to be very expensive.... and also more restraining and less user friendly than typical pleasureboaters desire.

Mike, We are planning a smaller, twin engine boat. However timing has it a bit down the road...
We're finishing up the new 36 TE now. We'll be laying up #1 next week.
The hull mold for the 39 will be at our shop next week as well. The liner is in the CNC now. The deck is finishing up.

The 42 will follow. We have the base hull and deck plugs nearly finished now.

The 28 will follow.... For sure.

FYI- We just moved our boats into the Ft. Lauderdale Convention center today....:drink: We certainly brought some eye catchers.

TIM G.

Pantera24 10-23-2010 09:32 PM

Tim congrats and glad to see Deep Impact is doing good.

Angel

Brad 01-17-2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 3236977)
TimG, hopefully Deep Impact will build a CC in the 30' range that is sleek. I still want to downsize...way down from my 38TE Fountain.

I'm with mike on needing a smaller model! Is a 28 still in the works?

Brad

Tim G. 01-17-2011 08:36 PM

Brad,
the smaller model will certainly happen... I just can't say when for sure... I have to get the 39 and 42 going before I can get into the 28...
We do have some ideas on some new inovations for the small model.... but those will have to wait:drink:

We're working on an entirely new website. I hope to have it up in Feb. Keep your eyes on the site. I'll have the ability to quickly upload pics of our R&D projects on the new site. That feature will prove interesting to those that want to be in the know....

Thanks,
Tim