Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302) >

Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)

Notices

Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)

Old 03-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This next picture is after I broke out the sawzall and cut off the top half of the dash. This was going to allow me to get the desired height that I wanted for the dash and also made it so that the angle for the throttles was going to work out nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)-boat-dash-pannel-002.jpg  
Old 03-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Then I took the saw to the side of the boat and made room to start fitting the throttles. If you look to the left of this picture you can also see that I cut off the front of the dash and removed the steering wheel. I decided that there were just WAY to many holes in the dash to try and plug up and that it was going to be easier to just redue the entire thing.
Attached Thumbnails Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)-boat-dash-pannel-003.jpg  
Old 03-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Then the template for the new dash. This is somewhat what the new dash will look like.
Attached Thumbnails Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)-boat-dash-pannel-004.jpg  
Old 03-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

And the new piece cut out of the marine mahogony. This is a little over sized as the cost of it makes me want to cut it down just a little at a time.
Attached Thumbnails Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)-boat-dash-pannel-005.jpg  
Old 03-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

This is the new front dash piece being bonded onto the boat. I have the old layer of glass behind this piece of wood. What I did was to take new glass and lay it on the back side, btwn the new wood and the old glass. I then took a piece of wood and put it behind the old glass and then clamped it all together to make sure it was a nice tight fit and there were no boubles. Looks better already with out the million holes. This will also allow me to move the wheel up to a higher location.
Attached Thumbnails Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)-boat-dash-pannel-006.jpg  
Old 03-16-2003, 10:44 PM
ren3

The things that we do so that our female counterparts can get some sun! Do I have this Mantra correct? Bob.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Jon it is looking great . Are you going to be ready for the water this year ? Every time I check your progress you go and expand the project. By the way did you get my email ?. Great job I like what your doing with the dash , very cigaretteist. Where are you going to mount your kill switches mine are tucked in that corner thats why I built the box around them. regards Rick G.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

RickG: Yes I did get your email. Thanks. I still really want to see what you are up to with the foot rests. I will be in the water this year although probably later then I hoped. HOWEVER the boat will be safe and that is what is important.

Jon
Old 04-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Powerboat Tours on the board HOOKED me up with these Mcloed Bolsters. I am really struggling on the location of them.
Attached Thumbnails Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)-boat-fairing-rebuild-074.jpg  
Old 04-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Hey I have wings
Attached Thumbnails Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)-boat-fairing-rebuild-075.jpg  

Quick Reply: Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.