Originally Posted by waverunner42
Looks really nice.
Thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonRoc
Matt,
How many RPM's dd you spin that to? That is a few HP.. If I can get 1100 or so on pump fuel thats enough for now. If I get any more I may need to get a IMCO SCX sooner than later.. I am use to the Roots and screw style blowers, 7-8 psi is a lot on pump gas. what boost could you run with the M-4 on pump fuel?
I don't exactly remember the RPM's but i want to say about 6400. I can check my notes and find out for sure. As for as boost on pump I wouldn't be worried about 12-14 on that motor. My friends motor was right at 18 with a half mix of 110 and pump. But the dyno session was straight race fuel with some more timing. If you need a outdrive look in the classifieds ther is a max machine upper that is for sale. He is a buddy of mine and I bet he might deal.

Thanks Matt
Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waverunner42
I don't exactly remember the RPM's but i want to say about 6400. I can check my notes and find out for sure. As for as boost on pump I wouldn't be worried about 12-14 on that motor. My friends motor was right at 18 with a half mix of 110 and pump. But the dyno session was straight race fuel with some more timing. If you need a outdrive look in the classifieds ther is a max machine upper that is for sale. He is a buddy of mine and I bet he might deal.

Thanks Matt
I am ordering my Procharger tomorrow. the sale starts then. I want to order a few pulleys so I can test on the dyno how much boost I can put to it without detonation. I planned on two setups one a pump gas (93 octane) and one for race fuel which I sell at our gas dock (110 otane). But if I can get 12-14psi on pump gas there will be no reason for a race setup. That will be more than the drive can handle and put the boat @ 115+ mph I would guess. The last Kryptonite I put together runs 104 mph with about 850 hp it was dyno'd, it's a 540ci with a Whipple on it. Should be interesting.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12-14 psi with that build should be an easy 1200-1300hp I would think, even more with race fuel.

Should we start taking bids on top speed? I am guess 121mph GPS.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
12-14 psi with that build should be an easy 1200-1300hp I would think, even more with race fuel.

Phil,
If I run over 120 I will have to upgrade my GPS my Livorsi max's at 120, or use the hand held...
Yeah I am so use to roots and screw blowers 10 psi is really good with pump fuel and low compression. I have done some Procharger's on stock setups 5-7psi The guys at Procharger and guys here are using a lot more boost safely on modified engines using pump gas. And the M-5SC comes with a huge intercooler. I cant wait to get it on the dyno.. I bet I am on the lake in March at the latest doing testing.. With the snowmobile suit and helmet on, lol... And ordering the IMCO SCX I am sure with those numbers I will smoke my drive before the season starts.. Maybe I should pull my IMCO Extreme SC -3 upper and lower and sell it while its still together.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm

We know how stable the Kryptonite's run @ 100-104+ I hope when I get into uncharted territory it handles just as well.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Registered

I know that mine ran pretty damn stable at 102+, but another 20mph can do alot to a boat. The one activator was running close to 120mph and from what I hear was fairly stable.

In any case, it should be very interesting. If I were you, I would sell the Imco before it is chunked and get the SCX. I just dont see it holding up well with that kind of hp.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

I would love to come up and see it when it is put together. Maybe after I get mine back together and the rest of the Krypto crowd is around we could set up a run somewhere. Could be a good time.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Phil,
If I run over 120 I will have to upgrade my GPS my Livorsi max's at 120, or use the hand held...
Yeah I am so use to roots and screw blowers 10 psi is really good with pump fuel and low compression. I have done some Procharger's on stock setups 5-7psi The guys at Procharger and guys here are using a lot more boost safely on modified engines using pump gas. And the M-5SC comes with a huge intercooler. I cant wait to get it on the dyno.. I bet I am on the lake in March at the latest doing testing.. With the snowmobile suit and helmet on, lol... And ordering the IMCO SCX I am sure with those numbers I will smoke my drive before the season starts.. Maybe I should pull my IMCO Extreme SC -3 upper and lower and sell it while its still together.
Not the same setup but I am running 8-9 lbs on a M-3 (on a 540). Mine runs fine on pump gas. You are wise to go with the bigger blower though. After trashing one blower and getting pieces in my AW 504 intercooler, I moved up to a 570 ci cooler from Frozen Boost.

You are gonna make some nice power.

What size cooler do they use with a M-5?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:30 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

We know how stable the Kryptonite's run @ 100-104+ I hope when I get into uncharted territory it handles just as well.
Hope you're running full hydraulic steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.