Aftermarket exhaust manifolds or headers

Notices

Aftermarket exhaust manifolds or headers

Old 12-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brivander
Stianless Marine -- you can find them used for real good prices, and they are pretty close to the ones I'd consider used because of the design.
I am getting them from a good friend of mine for a very good price. They still have 2-3 years of warranty left on them. I like them because they hold up very well. There will also be a signifcant amount of weight removed when I get my stock cast iron manifolds off. We may have to get some custom tails made up or have the one's he has modified but I am ok with that.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

Ah yes, sorry i missed that, you will be happy, they will last about forever and just so you know you are looking at well over 200lbs weight savings on twin engines.

Me engine guys chuckled and told me he almost tossed the first one because he wasn't paying attention and was expecting the stock manifolds, they are a little less than 60 lbs lighter ea.

Excellent choice.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
I am getting them from a good friend of mine for a very good price. They still have 2-3 years of warranty left on them. I like them because they hold up very well. There will also be a signifcant amount of weight removed when I get my stock cast iron manifolds off. We may have to get some custom tails made up or have the one's he has modified but I am ok with that.
Being in salt I looked hard at those sm manifolds but went with headers. My only thing too add is that I can't believe you went all that time with the stock manifolds. You are gonna be smiling ear to ear once you put those on.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Dana Marine, The most power for the best value.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Simple effective solution:

Dart makes a very nice Iron Eagle replacement head that is minus this exhaust heat riser port for the BBC engines and it flows out of the box much better than the old GM head. Its not really effective in my opinion to put money into the old GM head when a head like the Dart iron Eagles can be used at a very reasonable cost versus putting bucks into the old head.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar