2001 Donzi 28 ZX Thru Hull Exhaust >

2001 Donzi 28 ZX Thru Hull Exhaust

Notices

2001 Donzi 28 ZX Thru Hull Exhaust

Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Donzi 28 ZX Thru Hull Exhaust

OK, So I received my new tips last night from Hardin. They look NICE! Next logical thing to do is get rid of the old stock tips. I went and loosened all the clamps and pulled the rubber tube up off of the motor side of the tips. Removed the hardware (nuts, lock washers and flat washers) from all the thru bolts. Removed as much sealant as I could see around the tips from inside the engine bay. then tried to pry them out the back. They move a little but i had to hit them with a deadblow hammer to get that much out of them. am I missing something or are these factory tips just a really tight fit?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Its probably just the sealant holding them in. Run a razor underneath the flange of the tip on the outside. Use some leverage to push them out from the inside.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered

Thanks guys new tips are on! Looks like I just needed to put some MAN on it. Gonna try them out this weekend. I will post something on Monday about the sound difference
Old 07-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

I love the new exhaust sounds. Loud as hell and then just hit the button and you almost cant tell the motors are running. Perfect!