Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Any guides to pulling 350's out? >

Any guides to pulling 350's out?

Notices

Any guides to pulling 350's out?

Old 12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any guides to pulling 350's out?

I remember reading a post around here somewhere that the steps to pulling a motor and what to watch out for were listed. Kinda basic, but it did list a few things but can not find the thread. maybe it was in the drive section due to a blown or slipping coupler, not sure.

Does anyone know of a thread or website that details the pulling of a motor? Looking at 350's coupled to alpha's in the 1986 272 Formula.

Looked straight forward, but I am sure there are plenty of things to snag me along the way. Going to be using a forklift inside.

Thank you for any that can help or point me in the correct direction.

Brian
Old 12-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got two emails showing me how to videos on what to do and one with a link to the manuals so I can download them. thank you for the help!

Brian
Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

I recently just removed and reinstalled a SBC Merc. It was daunting at first, but in retrospect was pretty easy. I did it completely solo.

Give me a shout if you have any further questions.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know your mechanical skill, but it really is as simple as it made out to be. Alphas are very easily removed by yourself. Just make sure you label all electrical connections, tie back all the wires and hoses and ensure motor mounts bolt are removed. I had my engine out in about 2 hours, most of that spent on the outdrive since that was the first time I did it. Oh, and on the Alphas (dont know about Bravos) make sure you put the throttle all the way forward before removing.