Upgrade from Mechanical to Electric Fuel Pumps >

Upgrade from Mechanical to Electric Fuel Pumps

Notices

Upgrade from Mechanical to Electric Fuel Pumps

Old 02-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Upgrade from Mechanical to Electric Fuel Pumps

In doing this Vortec upgrade I find myself facing this deal. Anyone have any pics or suggestions on how to set up and rig the lines and water separators?

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i put 2 tbi 350's (without the tbi's) in this Nova 5 years ago. i used one Holley red fuel pump with a T-fitting, one to each water sep. half-ass job but handled both motors easily. motors in it now have mech pumps. you need some kind of safety cut-off so pumps ain't pumping if motor quits. oil pressure switch or something. maybe take the L bracket the seperators hang from and fab a larger one for a pad for pump mount. or on front wall of engine compartment above tank(s).
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have looked at a few pics of how Marine Power sets theirs up that looks really good. The fuel pump they use has a built in water separator canister and mounts with a bracket where the mechanical pump mounts. Anyone know what the make of their pump is?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what ever you do if you use one of the merc style 4 outlet waterseperators. make sure you are pumping fuelin in to it then to carbs as you cant pull fuel thru them in other words has to be tank to pump to seperator to carb.. wont work if you go tank seperator pump carb.. dont ask how i know..lol holley blue will get ya done get a fuel regulator set it about 6-6.5 psi also wouldnt hurt to have a return to tank if you have it id run one on both engines that way if one quits you still have a way back in ... used to run them on cars alot on the street no stop cruising/racing had a few die
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 2 carter stock magnum pumps for sale have brackets that mount to heads $100 + the ride
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade from Mechanical to Electric Fuel Pumps-fuel-pump.jpg   Upgrade from Mechanical to Electric Fuel Pumps-fuel-pump2.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carter pump , with a custom bracket for the fuel water/sep.

Originally Posted by sprink58
I have looked at a few pics of how Marine Power sets theirs up that looks really good. The fuel pump they use has a built in water separator canister and mounts with a bracket where the mechanical pump mounts. Anyone know what the make of their pump is?

Last edited by motorz; 02-21-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: spelling